• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Defender today?

Also made up my new front runner double jerry can holder for the new roof rack, might have time to fit the hi lift mounting bracket on the side of the rack.

Attachments

• Double jerry can holder.jpg
    Double jerry can holder.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 147
Just fitted the jerry can holder to the roof rack.

Attachments

• Roof Rack with jerry can holder.jpg
    Roof Rack with jerry can holder.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 143
  • roofrack with jerrycan holder.jpg
    roofrack with jerrycan holder.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 141
Replaced my garden hose that was jublie clipped to the washer arm for a proper washer nozzle - three hours!!!! Whilst doing it headbutted the rear view mirror and I can't get the stupid thing to clip back in :(

Mounted two foldable sidesteps, now we can get in with ease :)
Lubricated all nipples I could find with the grease gun. (The ones from the Landy of course ;))
Getting ready to renew the Swivel gaskets and bearings tomorrow, let's hope i can get to work on monday...

Oh, and waved to four other Defender drivers... never knew how much there are in my village ;)

Drove down the A3, went into a full-on power slide on a patch of ice and drove back up the A3 :)

(* the power slide wasn't in the Land Rover ;))

Sarah

Nothing :( my loving neighbours have parked either side of it on the street and left about 6 inches at the back and about 8 at the front :( I could probably get out with zillion point manoeuvres but with a my clutch playing up I can't be sure I won't kangaroo 10 inches forwards or back :(

Spent about 2 hours fixing my hand brake, bought new pads, only to find out that the pin had came out of the handbrake lever, a 2 second job if I'd checked the obvoius stuff before taking the caliper off.

Instead of buying some wing scoops, i made some myself. Im yet to paint them though :)

Attachments

• 28062011317.jpg
    28062011317.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 28062011316.jpg
    28062011316.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 233
I spent most of the morning with the dyson sucking all the spiders, twigs and creepy crawlies out of my landy. Transported a chopped up hedge to the local dump yesterday and safe to say most of the wildlife it contained stayed in my landy.

Brake caliper overhaul!!!!
Well started out changing the brake pads.Ended up having to renew the caliper pistons and seals with stainless ones.

Waiting for delivery of a shinny new pair of Ashcroft air locking diffs.........So that's the next job on the to do list.

Spent the best hour and £30 notes ever spent, and yes it was on Britpart. A new front section on the exhaust and a new air filter. Unbelievable but true, I've never heard the turbo until I took it for road test. Must have been leaking throughout my 14mths of ownership.
Sounded like a jet engine compared to my drive home tonight.

Convinced it's breathing better as well.

Had a very busy day........ rear door hinge pins, lift pump, front brake calipers and pads and steering damper. All done so i can play golf on saturday morning!

Back
Top Bottom