• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Disco today?

matwest904q

Accelerating Away
Hi all, thought I'd start a thread for people to post what they've "done to their Disco today". If it's been done already please feel free to point me in the right direction. If not, I'll start us off.

Today, I fixed the central locking problem (turned out to be a glass fuse under the dash), replaced a brakelight bulb, fixed my number plate, put my forum sticker in the window, sorted my steering wheel out and topped up the fluids.

Yup, put the key in the lock, started it and went shopping then fed the nags.

Went up to the factory tonight to look out some radius bars, I'm going to get a set of four together, get them shotblasted and painted and fit new bushes then fit to the Disco. Got a load of metalwork going for blasting/Zinc spraying soon so can include in that batch.

The bushes are originals, so the've done 114K miles since new, that's long enough.

Also got the spare Panhard Rod out, got new bushes and bolts coming for that as well.

The beauty of having the spares is that you can get them reconditioned and ready for a slot of spare time to fit, and you won't have the car off the road longer than is absolutely necessary.

Peter

I fitted my bullbar! next is to sort the gearstick springs out, sort out a new steering damper, sort my exhaust rattle, fix my heater vents (not blowing hot air) repair boot floor etc etc etc....

Fletch

this morning i had a look at a battle scar the missus did to the front wing yesterday and took some pics to post on here and ask advice about the wing other than that nothing.

graham

Went for a nice 50 mile drive to see a mate and on the way home out draged a D3 that was in the third lane and who didn't want to let me in from the middle one, no chance diesel D3 with a V8 D1 in kick down and the pedal on the floor ....... Brilliant :D

Went for a nice 50 mile drive to see a mate and on the way home out draged a D3 that was in the third lane and who didn't want to let me in from the middle one, no chance diesel D3 with a V8 D1 in kick down and the pedal on the floor ....... Brilliant :D

Hooligan! :D:D

Nice isn't it? ;)

Peter

I know someone who got 105 or 115 (cant remember exactly) out of a D1 auto. MENTAL!!!! Oh i just remembered, my earlier post is not 100% true - need to do my clutch :(

110 is easy any time, and 120 down hill thats when the rev limiter cuts in, all done on the Autobarn on my way to and from Freiburg in the Black Forest of course.

Over the weekend treated myself to some sikaflex and araldite and removed all of the interior headlining and rear load space carpet as that had got drenched. Repaired the two broken drain pipes and replaced it all. Just waiting for big down pour of rain to see if it's worked. Then I can put the headlining back.

Also just serviced her and replaced the plugs for BPR6ES's as recommended on here and what a difference, the old plugs were bosch ones and I was quite surprised to see all 8 of them covered in that nice browny, healthy colour. Little bit of soot but it had just started that morning on petrol and hadn't really run.

All I've hopefully got left to do is the coolant drain and flush before the weather get's too cold then that should hopefully be it for the this year.

Replaced the rear pads and discs too.

Not today but last week. 4 new tyres, brake pads all round and replaces the front shock absorbers. I'll do the back shocks next week, then start on replacing the bushes on the rest of the moving bits.

ATB

Michael

Having rear parking sensors fitted, lol. Better safe than some poor bu88er being sorry. Need to have a go at fixing the leaky sun roof though.

i drove about 8 miles and considered replacing a sidelight bulb when i got home but forgot about it til now,and now i cant be bothered as its bloody cold out there.

TDI110 - i think luck is on your side , you should get a big downpour today if you are in the uk

Yep, been out to works car park, tentatively opened the doors, looked down on passengers seat - nothing, looked down at drivers seat - nothing. Rocked the car to see if I could get anywater in - nothing! So far so good.

Might try the hose tonight and see if leaks then!!!

lol,, i did mine weeks ago and i still run my hand over the headlining whenever i get in in the morning and its been raining all night - so far so good (touch wood ) bone dry - good stuff that sikaflex

Weds last - picked it up from spannerman, new injectors fitted, MOT fail (front shocks).
Fri - drove to the Tempest rally HQ to have an MSA radio installed
Sat - back to the Tempest, more emergency kit installed including a doctor, drove around the rally area all day, rushed to a burning scooby at one point. Back to Rally HQ at the end to de-install extra kit including the doctor. Home. Out to a firework party. Home.
Sun - we both had the day off!
Mon - dipped the sump. Still too much fluid, only good news is I won't have to pay for those injectors.

D2 at tempest.jpg

Found the boot floor all damp/wet when I lifted the carpets so next job will be to do a search and find out the cause and remedy. I've been told this is a common problem?

Found the boot floor all damp/wet when I lifted the carpets so next job will be to do a search and find out the cause and remedy. I've been told this is a common problem?

Yep, leaky sunroofs and Alpine window seals. You may also find the rear door seal letting water in.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom