• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Disco today?

Today is pre-fix-it saturday so i did a trial install on the drivers seat.
Hooked up all the electrics plus enabled in bcm ….and we have up down forward & reverse all working ( previously a manual seat)
Seats all need a damn good clean and the drivers seat base could do with a new foam base as the existing one is pretty compressed on the usual rhs from entry / exit.
The leather seat runners where they attach to the floor are pretty tatty paintwise so that will need fixed too when i put the black carpets in.
Swapping all the plastics carpets etc will take a fair bit of effort but i think it will be worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 12
Today is pre-fix-it saturday so i did a trial install on the drivers seat.
Hooked up all the electrics plus enabled in bcm ….and we have up down forward & reverse all working ( previously a manual seat)
Seats all need a damn good clean and the drivers seat base could do with a new foam base as the existing one is pretty compressed on the usual rhs from entry / exit.
The leather seat runners where they attach to the floor are pretty tatty paintwise so that will need fixed too when i put the black carpets in.
Swapping all the plastics carpets etc will take a fair bit of effort but i think it will be worth it.
I always remember a Top Gear where Gezza had a micro biologist take swabs from the seat coverings of a secondhand car they had bought. Pubic hair and the excretment of various bodily fluids (and some solids) where found 🤮

Its fixit saturday but burned most of the day retrieving the parts i didn’t get last weekend ( front carpets, all the door cards and the dashboard)

Now realised i am missing the 7seater boot window surrounds as these have slots for safety belts and the 5 seater ones are blank.
The ones the seats came from have been kicking round the floor and are well marked up so will see if i can find any nice ones.
Then i can crack on with strip the boot area and fit the carpet, then get the interior back on and bolt the jump seats and the main rear seats in.
Centre rear seat belt appears to be missing. The clip is there but the centre reel and belt has vanished.
Pffff going to have to swap that over then
The replacement leather driver seat was nice and comfy on a 200 mile round trip and was worth the effort just to get the adjustable front / rear seat base height that the manual seat lacks.
No adjustable lumbar support though..ho hum…swings roundabouts etc

Today I mounted new Denso "mickey Mouse" condenser fan motors in my D1. Suddenly both fans turned off 3 months ago. I got both motors to change after buyng them through Alliexpress

Regards

Attachments

• 20240501_115943.jpg
    20240501_115943.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 5
Fitted the front passenger seat into my D2 to go with the driver’s seat fitted a few days back
Now both front seats are electric black leather ( aged and a bit grubby but whole) rather than manual green cloth.
All the motors on both seats are working nicely …phew
They will need to come out again when i get enough time and a dry day for the carpet swap

Back
Top Bottom