• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Disco today?

Chased down a knocking noise that I thought was the exhaust, turns out to be the bushes in the watts linkage by the rear diff. Also the rear door top hinge appears to be quite worn. Hinges don't look too cheap for what they are. Away at the moment, so a few jobs for next week!

today I have reassembled the whole interior of my brother's disco( we had water ingress problem and some rust holes so I took everything out to clean and dry ) . headlining is refurbished,all the water holes are filled and tested,all the rust removed... only thing that is left to be done is driver's seat,but I can't find the right material.. I will post some pictures of my work soon..

Today I got loads of funny looks in Asda's car park as I lay under my truck and removed the exhaust as it had broken just behind the middle box :D I feel a front exit pipe coming on now :rolleyes:

i removed the side steps and sill rotters er i mean sill covers no scrap that i was right the first time,the amount of mud that gets stuck behind them is amazing (and depressing) so rather than let my sills rot out over winter i thought i would remove them,sell the side steps and next year replace them with jackable rock sliders (now the wife has agreed lol i knew she would see it my way in the end ;)

Today I put new back light bulbs in the climate control temp control switches.Simple job really,ash tray & coin draw out,remove 6 screws & take out cup holder, flick out the off road switch,press retaining clips & out pops c/c unit.remove 2 screws & split c/c unit & change bulbs.Refit in reverse & Bobs your uncle job done,30 mins tops.

Dick.

New number plates, got rid of the dealer badge from above the DII badge and sprayed the spare wheel cover to get ride of the dealer details, looks a bit bare now.

filled it with old newspapers, bottles . cans, a broken sink, cardboard, old electrical junk etc then took it for a drive to the skips..... can see most of the living room floor and get in my shed now:)

Quite a mixed but satisfying day.

Went to a bring and buy at Enstone this morning, picked up a nice little Sievert blowlamp in very good order for a fiver, also scored a very straight and clean bumper for the boys' Series III's.

Picked up a complete rear door for a Disco 2 for £25 complete with all bits and pieces, except the spare wheel, that wasn't a bad buy at all.

Also had an offer accepted for a complete Thor engine, running but with pressurisation issues, not stupidly cheap but I'm happy with the price, especially as it will include all the ancillaries and injection gear.

Did about 250 miles all told.

Peter

Picked up a complete rear door for a Disco 2 for £25 complete with all bits and pieces, except the spare wheel, that wasn't a bad buy at all.

Peter

Wish I could find one round here that cheap, only need the glass, I have been quoted £50 for that by the local breakers. Any way all the bits you are hoarding not trying to do a Johnny Cash are you?

bit boring really: I did the englishman's rain dance - I washed polished and valeted my tdi.
Literally, as I buffed off the last little bit of polish, it started to rain.

Back
Top Bottom