• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Series today?

I'll post a load of pictures of the belt installation next weekend once I've finished the install. Wife and I gave up at 5:30pm yesterday as the heavens opened.....I've got brand new belts and they still aren't perfect as we struggled to get them to reel out without locking up using the stock late 109 moutning position which already sits the reels at a slight backward angle and added to that we have a sloping drive. Really annoying having to drive upto the road before being able to put your seat belts on. I'm going to modify the mounting bracket next so that the reels sit more horizontal to start with which should allow them to work OK on our drive then.

Been busy building back up the front end after renewing the chain and tensioner on my 2.25 Diesel. As I've been replacing bits I've cleaned up or repainted so looks a bit tidier now. Re routed the wiring loom so I wouldn't have to chop it every time I want to remove the front panel and removed the sump to scrape all the gunge out of it. If you've never done this it's worth it as normal draining/refilling always leaves a bit in the bottom of the sump. Been fiddling with the pump timing and am almost there regarding to my excessively smoking exhaust. Got some new number plates to fit after sorting out a bit of light rust on the front crossmember.

Soft top off hard top on all done on a dry Saturday and with the help of all the family as it was assembled and lined complete with the windscreen, Sunday started to paint Laura NATO matt green so she will be all one colour eventually if the weather can only stay fair, fingers crossed for next weekend though the long range forcast is not good. Now do I keep the softtop or sell it complete? soft to hard top 25.06.11 008.jpgsoft to hard top 25.06.11 014.jpgsoft to hard top 25.06.11 009.jpgsoft to hard top 25.06.11 023.jpgsoft to hard top 25.06.11 027.jpgsoft to hard top 25.06.11 026.jpg

:cool:I was held up by slow traffic in my Series1 well it was a Model T out catching the rays like us.It only takes 15 mins to get the canvas back on now.:cool:

Attachments

• t 013.jpg
    t 013.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 240
changed the speedo cable. thought things were running too well. no probs, i've had one as a spare for years. it's good still in the bag, no rust and still oiled. try to fit and the holes for the screws in the gearbox end are out just enough to stop all three screws fitting. ran out of time so tomorrow i'll have to drill the holes out. but at least it's working, even if it's only held on with one screw.

my mates building a lightweight. would this cable fit if i cut down the outer and flattend then end?

Redid all the chassis level oils and greases - invested in some one-shot for the swivel housings, drained and replaced that (EP90 came out). Did the back diff, gearbox, transfer box. Still up is the front diff, but was running out of time.

Looking forward to see if it makes a difference to some of the niggles she's had lately.
About to top up all levels on Bob for the first time as he isn't leaking much now. My balls are in good condtionl, chrome that is, so should I use one shot,& what is it?
Brian

Soft top off hard top on all done on a dry Saturday and with the help of all the family as it was assembled and lined complete with the windscreen, Sunday started to paint Laura NATO matt green so she will be all one colour eventually if the weather can only stay fair, fingers crossed for next weekend though the long range forcast is not good. Now do I keep the softtop or sell it complete? View attachment 137441View attachment 137443View attachment 137442View attachment 137445View attachment 137446View attachment 137444

Just wondering why you removed the windscreen?

Chris

looks like a different windscreen, so obviously one was already fitted to the hard top :p

Your right difflock 123 the new windscreen was allready attached to the roof of the hardtop so it was easier to swap everything over rather than change it so the old one was detached and the new one fitted the hardtop which came with a lining, sunvisors and a series of six switches (not connected at the moment) but believed to be for the internal and external lights and it's now all matt green

ground the rest of my rusty rear axle strengthener off ready to rub it all down, rust kill it and paint it in the hope of it been OK for the MOT

cheers Nick, looking at things under there other than the axle its all in ok shape, it has had a new chassis at some-point so just a bit of touch-up on that. Also there are a load of seaping oil joints and the bushes on the shocks look shot so may need to sort them as well.

finally managed to get the passenger door to stay shut securely instead of popping onto the latch when leant upon. tore off a hefty chunk of the old soundproofing only to be thwarted by the adhiesive. and uncovered two holes in two outriggers:(.

Put ina new fuel tank and filler hoses in The Baby to replace the one that was weeping from a seam. If I could meet the LR designer who decided that it would be a good idea to cut the absolute minimum size of hole for the hoses to come through the front of the tub, I would be very tempted to geld him with a blunt knife. Another fine piece of LR design. Probly me being totally inept, but I ended up drilling out the seven rivets that hold the surround for the filler tube into the rear tub so that I could fit the new hose.

Fitted the cat flap rear door as a stable door to go with the side opening tailgate, took the up and over hinges off as I did not want to damage the roof lining but stored them away safely in my shed . stable door now fitted 017.jpgstable door now fitted 005.jpgstable door now fitted 014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom