• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Series today?

changed a flat tyre:( and repaired the tube. took less than an hour, would have been quicker but i put the spare on and wnt to tescos:p was easier than a trip to the tyre palce sepecially at 20:00

Topped up the daily drive gearbox and steering relay oil, put in some rubber 300TDI air filter tubing in place of the wiggly tube and duct tape I had before. Sorted another rattly bit.

Filled Laura up with petrol then went to East Fortune Air Show with EMLRA to raise funds for Erskine-caring for veterans since 1916, a distance of 197 kilometers the only series one there on the day, lots of 90's and 110,s East Fortune Air Show 2011 008.jpgEast Fortune Air Show 2011 010.jpg

Put a new ally badge on the back. PO who rebuilt it had replaced the ally and black Land Rover oval with one of those green oval things, they're all over like a rash. Added one of those "TDI Power" add-ons, couldn't resist it, suitably doctored for "DI Power":D In retrospect, probably could have lined it up a bit better!

Attachments

• IMG_0688[1].jpg
    IMG_0688[1].jpg
    45 KB · Views: 206
fitted a new 2nd row door that I'd undercoated and rubbed down carefully for the last two days before spraying in marine blue. Whilst drilling through holes for the catch I managed to knacker the outside skin as it slipped through the first layer of metal, denting the outside and forcing the new paint off the surface from behind. Doh..:eek:
I'd waited for months to get the new door, paints etc..:(
Oh well, at least I didn't drill through my finger this time like I did when I fitted the other side door.
you'd have thought I 'd be more careful by now.:rolleyes:

sorry to hear your box has gone difflock. what are you gonna do now? rebuild/exchange or 2nd hand from fleabay?

Last edited by a moderator:
painted the roof,

fitted carpets in the front and bulkhead with one of those camping bedroll foam mats as a underlay:D dont look to bad and helps with sounproofing ;)

will get some more pics up after the weekend as its my partners and she live away from me :(

heehee when i get my own landy i will know what to do in mine.. hers as a trial and experiance builder lmao :cool:

Fitted new 255/85R16 BFG KM2's. Also fitted Rocky Mountain mesh grill and a proper Series badge.

bfg_km2 (16).jpg P7260001.jpg

More pics and details in Annies WIP thread.

Back
Top Bottom