• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Where do I hang the front mud flaps on a series 2a

Tonky66

In Second Gear
Can anyone tell me where I should fasten front mud flaps on a series 3. I’m assuming it goes from the first sill bolt to the chassis footwell support bracket as it is the only place that makes sense, but it seems a bit too wide for a square fit with a (non genuine) set. Thanks Tony

Can anyone tell me where I should fasten front mud flaps on a series 3. I’m assuming it goes from the first sill bolt to the chassis footwell support bracket as it is the only place that makes sense, but it seems a bit too wide for a square fit with a (non genuine) set. Thanks Tony
I had the same issue with the mudflap bracket, I ended up adjusting it to fit by rebending it. I also fitted it with the bracket behind the rubber, and filled the gap above with some rally mudflap to keep the muck well and truely off the footwell.

Thinking back I think I drilled the support just above the chassis so the muflap bracket bolted to it, with the bracket bent around the back of it.

20200816_144406.jpg

Mine goes right across from the sill bottom to the chassis. I suspect this is pointlessly low and from the sill>wing leading bolt to the chassis or bulkhead brace would be ideal. But it was there from a previous owner so it stayed there for now.

Sorry this is such a late reply - covid and forgot I’d posted and all that! Fixed from leading sill nut to bulkhead rear support bolt but I had to mod the bracket slightly and bow it to work but now all’s good. See pic and thanks for the comments.

Attachments

• BBD8F7FE-2ABF-4EE3-A14E-1EFE9A71AE2C.jpeg
    BBD8F7FE-2ABF-4EE3-A14E-1EFE9A71AE2C.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom