• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who did you see today?

Moreton Landy

Big Landy Fan
I wonder if we need a new "sticky", where we can report "sightings" and see if it woz one of us? It's just that we (I?!) seem to be seeing fewer leafers than ever.

Here's a sighting: blue Series SWB truck cab in Bridgwater on 7th August - was it you!

Incidentally, has anyone ever seen anyone with one of the yellow forum stickers in the window? Still waiting for my first!

Ha ha its a funny thing your saying this as i had to go to the doctors this morning only an 1/2 hour walk so walked the dog there and back aswell, anyway as we walked half way there i saw a nice looking early s111 swb petrol drive past us in bronze green / limestone looked like it had just been restored, very nice :D :D

I am going on my hols to cornwall in a couple of weeks time so will have my camara handy when going on walks and excursions its amazing what you see parked up in peoples gardens and drives :)

Thanks Sandy!

In Yorkshire at present, seen a couple of Series, nice looking green truck cab with "patina" and a roll bar near Malton yesterday. Sadly not in my own, had a quick turnaround coming up from Devon and didn't have time to fix the brakes, so in SWMBO's Volvo.

This is wierd, at 14:30 today we passed some series landies in Brundle Norfolk, and i said to the wife "they should put a was it you thread on the forum", and what do you know, i get home and there is one at the top of the series forum.

how cool is that??

Walking around the walls in York, near the motte at Baile Hill, saw this hardtop Lightweight parked up. Any one here?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345566078.470342.jpg

drove south to the midlands a few weeks ago, stayed down south for 2 weeks and only saw 2 series - both parked up! Admittedly journey included alot of motorway miles but I usually see some.

Winny

I agree to be honest. Putting up pictures of other peoples cars with potentially their regno and/or outside their home is not a good thing to do in my opinion. Sorry Moreton.

I've said before, I work in the IT sector within the auto industry and I know how easy it is for thousands of people to get access to peoples address from a regno. Potentially a photograph of a vehicle outside somebodys house is worse. I would be very very upset if somebody posted a pic of my Land Rovers either outside my house or without masking the reg plate. It is irrelevent that people may see the regno while driving. There is far more risk with showing it together with a whole collection of others in one place on a Land Rover forum where potential Land Rover thieves may be members - sad but true.

If I choose to put one up myself of my own car outside my house then fair enough as I chose to accept the risk, others may not.

im glad someone agrees and i think the answer is, if your going to post here then make sure you mask the reg number and try not to have land marks, house names or road names in the post or pic, and dont be to descriptive about where you saw it eg: if it was on a drive or parked by the side of the road just put the town name, if you see it driving you could perhaps say where and when and if its them they may reply.

just a thought not trying to be bossy.

im glad someone agrees and i think the answer is, if your going to post here then make sure you mask the reg number and try not to have land marks, house names or road names in the post or pic, and dont be to descriptive about where you saw it eg: if it was on a drive or parked by the side of the road just put the town name, if you see it driving you could perhaps say where and when and if its them they may reply.

just a thought not trying to be bossy.
for example i would probably post like this

saw this hardtop Lightweight parked up in York. Any one here?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345566078_470342.jpg

sorry for picking your post apart Moreton Landy

I quite agree with that malc.

I live in a tiny village in a very rural area with a very distinctive style of house in a very distinctive colour. Even the most stupid car thief could find it given even a nearby village village name or town as they could zoom around google earth pretty quick once they know an approximate location.

Only three months ago our neighbour had car thieves break into his house while him and his family were in bed. They were looking for the keys to his land rover discovery. He woke up and disturbed them. Scary stuff and makes you much more aware of locking the car and taking the keys to bed with you.

the less assistance we give these scum the better so i agree entirely that a vague description of the location and a partial plate is fine and should be more than enough for the real owner to recognise him/herself. Lets face it there aren't that many series trucks around these days so simply saying who was it in the marine blue swb soft top on the a1 at 3pm is probably quite sufficient :)

Back
Top Bottom