• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who did you see today?

Really sweet Series 1 recovery truck outside the old garage in Middleham (Wensleydale), must have been there for years but never noticed it before, covered in green growth. I'll bet the guy who owns the place has had a few offers, but a shame to see it sitting there moulding. Anyone know anything about it?

Here's a couple:

Guess where this one is?!

P1020317.jpg

And this one?!

P1020379.jpg

(I don't think either are parked outside their doors!:))

2nd pic is difficult - my wife and I think either Goathland (heartbeat) or Arncliff (Emmerdale)

We don't watch either but as you were up in that neck of the woods it would make sense.

Getting close - Swaledale, if that helps ... (and Herriot was filmed there a couple of times, tho it's probably really a bit far West for him.)

driving around the cotswolds today saw loads of defenders and some older but only two series.

a white ish 109 truck cab fitted with an ifor williams type back sat in a farm yard sadly cant remember where i saw it.
and a blue swb soft top parked on an odd corner in a village it was quite busy but again cant remember where it was

all the same it was nice to see them if you drive a landy and see a mad woman waving at you from a black zafira that is swmbo so do wave or toot back she'll like that (simple things lol)

all the best folks

driving around the cotswolds today saw loads of defenders and some older but only two series.

That's my usual stamping ground - but away for the week. Sadly too few Leafers, plenty of Defenders, but seems to be mostly Rangies with tinted windows, driven by curiously blonde women whose husbands are in London during the week!

Just got back from Tring, Must be Land rover country, I spotted a very tidy looking Series 1, and A series 3, and got passed by 5 defenders.

Went away for a few days and saw this parked on the beach. Good conversion, it took the guy about 4 months and started life as a station wagon.

The guy was not very chatty so couldn't get the specifics.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 149
Went to my friend's garage yesterday for an actual first drive (more than 5 km from home) with my S3 for a Porketta lunch. My Land Rover got to hang out in the company of some nice high performance machinery. It didn't look completelty out of place...

DSCN2569.jpgDSCN2564.jpgDSCN2565.jpg

Back
Top Bottom