• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who has a dog then.

Got Mollie booked in for the op on her foot for Monday. (She has a cyst, or maybe a lipoma) Currently wearing a sock indoors to stop her licking at it and making it raw, and the blue boot of shame for outside.

Cancelled it twice already as we got snowed in. Guess what? Today ....it's snowing.
That's Mollie cyst free. Got a nice blue bandage on it which she hates. Only for 4 days though.

Me? £300 lighter. (Not counting the initial consultation, and a second check up cos we thought it looked like it might pop....makes it nearer £400)

At least you didn't have to take her to an emergency vet.
A couple years ago our dog suffered what we now think was a stroke, she lost all movement in her front legs, and of course this happened when our regular vet was closed. The emergency vet charged close to £700 for nothing and said they'd have to put her down as there was nothing they could do.
She's still here today no thanks to them.
More or less fully recovered thanks to hydrotherapy.

A couple years ago our dog suffered what we now think was a stroke, she lost all movement in her front legs, and of course this happened when our regular vet was closed. The emergency vet charged close to £700 for nothing and said they'd have to put her down as there was nothing they could do.
Yeah...I think we're in the wrong business, don't you?

If you get in that predicament again , use travelling vet , they are almost every time cheaper as they don’t have large overheads. , they don’t own a practice 👍

Screenshot_20240305-173539.png

That's a frisbee toy, she's having fun with that as you can see. Foot bandaged up until Thursday, then we'll see. She's not bothered about the blue tape of shame (thanks to @Fulltimedad for that phrase) but hates me when I put a zippy bag on it to go out 🤣

If you get in that predicament again , use travelling vet , they are almost every time cheaper as they don’t have large overheads. , they don’t own a practice 👍
It was because of the time of day she went sick. Every usual place would have been closed.

Back
Top Bottom