• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Wolf spare wheel mount

hrothgar

In Second Gear
Can anyone tell me how the spare wheel is mounted on a soft-top TUL Wolf? I have an ex-MoD 90 with a Wolf roll cage and tilt, but the spare on the bonnet. In the tilt there are 2 flaps, one each side, behind which is a round opening, roughly at the spot where the centre of the spare would be if it was Wolf-mounted. I'm intrigued to know what the bit of equipment would be that would mount it there.
Incidentally, I read somewhere that the term 'Wolf' came from 'Wheel On Left Face' -- I assume this is nonsense?

The flaps are probably covering holes to allow coax to exit the canopy to connect to antenna base units which would normally be installed on the side of the vehicle if it were FFR (Fitted for Radio). The only Wolfs I drove while I was still in the mob were hardtops, but I believe the softtop spare wheel mount is on the roll cage or at least the internal framing. Sorry can't be much more help there.

Back
Top Bottom