• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

1985 lr90 restoration

the seat box end repair sections turned up today so i give the a couple of coates and some other painted bits.

Attachments

• p54.jpg
    p54.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 102
  • p55.jpg
    p55.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 90
  • p56.jpg
    p56.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 96
just a before and after of the rear tub underside. i started put the first top coate on but i ran out of hammerite.

Attachments

• photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 92
  • p57.jpg
    p57.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 75
Looks really nice....still cant get that food out of my head ;)!

Didnt have any of that when fitting my winch....if only!

William

well a little bit more done this weekend. ive got the rear tub painted ( if you tell swmbo that you'll help with the house work she'll help with the landy. i haven't done any housework yet. see pic 1).
i got the doors off and the windscreen off. theres a little of rust on the bulk head but nothing major.
i even managed to find time to do a bit of shooting and bagged a couple of pigeons for the fridge.

enjoy :cool:

ps i found 20p down by the windscreen. its the landy that just keeps on giving.

Attachments

• p62.jpg
    p62.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 112
  • p61.jpg
    p61.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 106
  • p60.jpg
    p60.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 143
  • p59.jpg
    p59.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 125
  • p58.jpg
    p58.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 152
  • p66.jpg
    p66.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 105
  • p65.jpg
    p65.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 114
  • p64.jpg
    p64.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 94
  • p63.jpg
    p63.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 102
More good work! Food sounds good again!

hmm that seal on the bulkhead is a piece of junk and soaks up all the water...hope you can sort the b/head soon, I quite like to think that I can replace the metal with more metal instead of filler to save me doing it again!

Thanks for the update!

William

i got the bulkhead prepared for weldinbg tonight.
i cut out the old rust and sprayed a rust inhibtor into the hole.
i'll try and get the photos up later.

Sounding gdgd...I just love seeing a nicely repaired bulkhead, kinda re-assuring that although they're all pretty destined to turn to cheese: a repair is always possible :)

William

i theory if you do a decent job on a repair when the rot moves further along the bulkhead you've always got good meatal to weld to.

got the seat box nearly finnished today.
and moved the landy to a better space ready for the chassis work.
more pics to come.

Lister,

you are not too far away from me. I would love to come over sometime and have a look see at what you are doing.

John

hello all.....
i managed to get the rear tub waxoyled last night and started to bolt the cross members on.

i cracked all the nuts holding the rear axle on. i'll try to do a running commentry with lots of pics so anyone else trying to do the rear axle will be able to follow.

its all looking good. if i can get the chassis repaired this weekend then i'll be alot closer to putting the thing back together.

heres a question for you all......... how long does it take to deliver a pair of axle stands from sealey tools to oxford?

now some pics of the landy on my new axle stands.
i've started to drop the rear axle.
sorry i was going to do a phot tour how to jobby but i'm afraid the beautiful summer weather we have in blighty means i just had to get on with it. :(

Attachments

• p75.jpg
    p75.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 92
  • p74.jpg
    p74.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 115
  • p73.jpg
    p73.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 104
  • p72.jpg
    p72.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 104
just a pic of the seat box all ready to go and a pic of the old seat box sides. note the service history labled in dyna tape.

Attachments

• p69.jpg
    p69.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 81
  • p71.jpg
    p71.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom