• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

1985 lr90 restoration

and a pic of the new out rigger and a pic of the old one in place. note the big hole.

Attachments

• p77.jpg
    p77.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 98
  • p78.jpg
    p78.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 108
just some more prep work on the bulkhead.
i've sprayed a load of rust treater into the voids in the bulkhead.
i sprayed some rust treater on a sheat of 2.5mm steel and did a test weld to make sure it doesn't flare up and burn my landy to bits when i weld the bulk head up.

Attachments

• p79.jpg
    p79.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 104
  • p80.jpg
    p80.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 101
OO, lots of posts and nice pictures!

Good work :) Cant wait to see that bulkhead repair done, as before: I just love seeing them nicely completed!

Love the tyre!

:)

William

looks like we are nearly all set for some welding now.
got the cross members onto the rear tub.
just got to attack the chassis with a wire cup on the grinder.

first i got the new outrigger in place.
not too bad to do.
i'll let the photos tell you all about it.

Attachments

• p81.jpg
    p81.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 113
  • p82.jpg
    p82.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 103
  • p83.jpg
    p83.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 126
just photo of the new stainless rearbody support in place.
i also have waxoyled the underside.
i waxoyled the cossmembers before putting them in place.

Attachments

• p84.jpg
    p84.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 114
  • p85.jpg
    p85.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 103
well i got a bit more chassis stripped down to the inners yesterday ( more phots of this tio come).
my rear cross member plus about 10 inches of the chassis rails have been cut off and have been taken to my friend workshop in norfolk. he's going to repair it and make it alot stronger. trouble is its going to be a few weeks before i see it again.
i'm going to get the bulkhead repaired this week end. i will take picks of this as i go along.

well i've got the bulkhead repaired and the top section hammerited.
i've got to attack the axle now get that primed and top coated and of course finnish off the rear halh of the chassis. lots of pics to come. i'll have to wait for a rainy day to put them up. to much to do while the weather is good.
cheers lister

well the rear axle is basicly done. just a lick of paint.
i have loads of photos to put up. i will try to get them up at the weekend. i have been toying withgetting back into rugby went to training a few times and the first team have dropped their no 7 and asked me to play in the first team.

well i haven't forgotten about this thread. i have a few pics to go up.

got loads done latley. if i get time over the weekend i'll put some pics up

well i had a good look at the rear cross member at the weekend and have decided to make a new one rather than repair whats there. i have some 5mm steel already folded into a U shape so that will make a good crossmember. just need to decide what i'm going to do with the chassis legs. i'm thinking some 6"x4" box will make a good chassis leg.

having spent weeks bebuilding the chassis making a new rear cross member should save my loads of time.

Id like to see how you get on with that rear cross member as my front one is nearly shot!!

Doing a cracker rebuild by the way, great work

cheers. i'll try to get some pics of the old rear crossmember at the weekend.
i must updtae this more i have loads of pics on my laptop.

Hello all, this is still my Landy and still unfinished! It’s a 1985 90 with a Defender. 200tdi engine. Still starts and runs well, even drives. It will be up for sale tomorrow. I’ve got a bit more done since the last post here. If anyone is interested please ask. Hopefully I’ll put a post up in the for sale section tomorrow. I really want to sell it someone who will complete the build. Ideally I want to avoid eBay due to my allergy to idiots. It’s now located in east anglia, postcode PE13.

Back
Top Bottom