• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

3 link front suspension

doesnt mater if you go a dislocating suspension system in the uk they never going to lift the vehicle high enougth to see he he

there are thosands of modified cars in the uk with mots no probs , i used to own a corsa gsi that litarly sat 2" off the floor mot no problem

Hi all,

Here's a couple of pics of the parts I collected yesterday. All nice and shiny with real good welds. Should get the laser cuts parts this week for the x-member 3rd link mount.

Enjoy,

Attachments

• xm_4.JPG
    xm_4.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 86
  • xm_5.JPG
    xm_5.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 77
  • axle_7.JPG
    axle_7.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 80
  • axle_8.JPG
    axle_8.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 92
its looking really nice now my friend! will have to meet up one day to have a look see!! :D my old metalwork teacher warned me to watch out for people like you!!!!

Hi all,

Latest part to crawl out the workshop... the x-member 3rd link mount. Just to get it welded up & painted now... New arms on order from QT and will hopefully be here before Xmas... :D

Not long now....

Cheers,

Attachments

• xm mount 1.JPG
    xm mount 1.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 96
  • xm mount 2.JPG
    xm mount 2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 99
Bad news.....

Spoke to Dave at QT today.... there stacked out and the new arms won't be ready till the new year...... :tearRolls :tearRolls

All I can say is..... BUGGER !!!! as all the other parts will be ready well before then.

Should also have the adjustable panard rod done by then as well. Loads cheaper that 'scrap iron' racing.... :D

Cheers,

antshybrid said:
its looking really nice now my friend! will have to meet up one day to have a look see!! :D my old metalwork teacher warned me to watch out for people like you!!!!

And what sort of people are they...... :eek:

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of where I'm up to.

Still waiting for the radius arms so have really come to a halt on the project till I get them. So have started on the relocation of the battery to the rear load bed... post here https://www.lrukforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22594

Cheers,

Attachments

• xm_7.JPG
    xm_7.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 114
  • xm_6.JPG
    xm_6.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 120
  • axle_9.JPG
    axle_9.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
antshybrid said:
:hugegrin: that looks stunning buddy! bet you are well pleased :D hope dave marsh is doing you a good deal on them arms!!

I'll be alot more happy once I get it all bacK together & tested.... but yes, I'm please how it's going at present. Dave's a good fella... nuff said ;)

Thought I'd tart the calipers up a bit too... just need some Brembo stickers now :D

Attachments

• brake_1.JPG
    brake_1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 138
just been watching a winch challange in a forest near me , and a couple of guys had the safari gard system fitted and got snagged on the steering bar protector a few times , dont know if its possable to make a 'ramped' version , just a thought /observation

AndyD said:
I'll be alot more happy once I get it all bacK together & tested.... but yes, I'm please how it's going at present. Dave's a good fella... nuff said ;)

Thought I'd tart the calipers up a bit too... just need some Brembo stickers now :D

i cant immediately remmeber what my calipers look like, but do those ones have spacers fitted to make them wider. i have read about this for using ventilated discs on a set up that originally had solid discs, but i couldn't really find that much info on it.

as i say, i cant remmeber how they look normally, so maybe they are normal unventilated ones.

just kinda wondering if it is possible to upgrade to vented discs from normal ones without getting new calipers.

probably not worth it for me really as i dont do any heavy towing or track days :p. solid discs are probbaly a bit cheaper too.

antshybrid said:
you can get the inserts to fit inbetween the two halves of the caliper. i bought my vented discs for about £18 each i think.

ahh, so they do exist, any idea where one can get some?

thanks

callum

Ask AndyD where he got his from, as if you look in the picture of the red caliper he's got spacers fitted to convert to vented disks.

Sure he'll be along soon.

Ian

Hi,

I got my spacer kit off Ebay ages ago but I have seen them advertised in the back of one of the major mags, think it was LROI. I also think Scorpion sell the kits too.

Cheers,

Hi all,

Received my new custom radius arms & 3rd link today from QT services. Just got to get them all fitted now.

My assistant Rich (aka callisr) is modelling them in the second pic for you. More pics to follow soon... I hope.

Cheers,

Attachments

• DSC02674.JPG
    DSC02674.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC02675.JPG
    DSC02675.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom