• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Dumb joke...

Father Christmas came down the chimney. There was a dolly bird standing there in a pink Negligee ,she said do you fancy staying for five minutes Santa . he said I’ve got a lot to do so i can’t really ,so she took the Negligee right off, it dropped to the floor and shes standing there starkers with the biggest pair of Tits .Santa said Ive Gotta stay for five minutes now I cant get back up the chimney…😃

Spikes war memoires are brilliant and worth a read. My Grandad was in some of the same areas at roughly the same time and said Spikes descriptions of events were the most accurate he had read.

I was given them for Christmas when I was around 14, I've read them all several times; fantastic books not only because they're genuinely funny but also as you say because they're a fantastic historical account. The sort of books you can just open up and read a few pages of and enjoy.

Spikes war memoires are brilliant and worth a read. My Grandad was in some of the same areas at roughly the same time and said Spikes descriptions of events were the most accurate he had read.
Last summer during that heatwave we had I was doing some bike packing around the south of England and Kent.. My travels took me to a little village called Winchelsea I think it was..
His grave is in the local churchyard..
20220713_105718.jpg
20220713_110454.jpg

Puckoon and the Book of Silly Verse are a couple of my favourites.

Brings back memories, in the late 1950s while we were based in Washington DC my father had a UK based colleague record the weekly Goon radio shows onto reel to reel tape and post them to him in the US. I found all those tapes in his attic when we cleared it after he passed away in 2009. One of the last things he said in the hospice was 'in a minute there will be a long scream and then a thud' - reminisicent of the Goon shows.

Puckoon and the Book of Silly Verse are a couple of my favourites.

Brings back memories, in the late 1950s while we were based in Washington DC my father had a UK based colleague record the weekly Goon radio shows onto reel to reel tape and post them to him in the US. I found all those tapes in his attic when we cleared it after he passed away in 2009. One of the last things he said in the hospice was 'in a minute there will be a long scream and then a thud' - reminisicent of the Goon shows.
Any 'lost' episodes that the BBC may be interested in..?

Back
Top Bottom