• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Engine died- crank shaft fault

I suggest you engage a solicitor too. I know they cost, but at a potential downside of £38K there's a lot at stake. You want to get on the right legal footing right from the start. I don't agree with the £500 to put the claim forward, I see this as part of their core job, tell them to add it to the claim against LR. There's no point in arguing the technical elements of the fault, I doubt they know and if LR know they won't say for fear of admitting fault. The dealer is unlikely to say "we left X loose" or "we forgot to check Y" so there's little value to their analysis given that its only 1400 miles since they worked on it.
Stick rigidly to the fitness for purpose and sale of goods. All the dealer needs to say to LR is "its broke" and "send a new one free" and leave LR to strip the engine and work out why it failed, not that it matters, they have more than enough failed ones already; if they can't work it out by now they never will.

Hi Everyone,
I am glad I've found this forum where you are all sharing your bad experiences with the poor JLR services.
I have had the same situation with a 2016 car i bought few months ago: I was driving back on the motorway and the engine seized when i was driving circa 60 mph with my family coming back from holidays. we literally almost crashed as this happened at night on a busy motorway.

I contacted JLR but they didn't even reply so what i am proposing here is to go beyond just complaining.
It is a latent defect know from JLR and it is a real issue for the safety of the customers so i propose to start a class action all against JLR if we all contribute we can hire one of the biggest firm in the UK to sue them for misrepresentation and fraud and for breach of the applicable laws regarding safety.

I am about to start crowdfunding, what are your thoughts? any help/support would ne much appreciated....

Also in june 2020 the european council created the european class action so I would like to use this forum to start mobilizing disappointed customers.

Regards
Hi

The exact thing happened to me - what shall i do?

Back
Top Bottom