• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Ex SAS Range Rover Classics

It seems there is another late rangie ready for the crusher which I've spotted, I've asked but they won't let me have it. :(

Anyone with any connections?

I have found that the Softdash cars are a batch of 6 (mixed colours), I have the Merlin Records for these and the earlier (Later 92 ) batch of 6 (3 Green 3 Blue) that mine is part of.

I have also found another that may or may not be a ex 22reg car.

Regards

Paw

Some of the Met Police armoured split tailgate Classics came out through Withams 12? 18? months ago. If I remember correctly they weren't available for sale in UK / EU.

Cheers

Just purchased one, now on a J plate. Was originally white but now covered in anti-IR green as it went out to Bosnia with IFOR. Lots of bits ripped out from odd places, unusual switches, aerials and unknown loom everywhere. Will get a total rebuild over the next year. I have a mate in 22 whos going to try and find out what gizmos should be in her and hopefuly get her back to in service spec.

I now have another (dont tell the wife), I have just got a Soft dash. It's not part of the of the N/P reg batch, but from a pair producted in early 95. Its a Vouge not a Vouge SE so its not on Air Sus. It has the normal suff SD Cage / split cage etc, but Ive yet to go over it in detail. More details soon... Paul

I have received more info on these from a man who should know better.... A lot of the mods have been removed before they were cast, such as the seat storage and underbody plates but there may still be signs. So Im going to start pulling it together, so if you have or had one please let me know if you have found anything odd.

I will pass any info on.

Regards

Paul

I have found move info on my car, The soft dash is a "Command and Control" this was sent out with the "Team" cars and was in charge. It therefore did not have the bumper brackets and other smaller bits but does have the cage etc.

It was also spec'ed as a manual to be quicker, and has a tuned and chipped engine. This info was from the first owner, who was still "IN" when it was released.

Paw

Not much really, none of them used Rangy's during their time in, most having used standard mil-spec stuff (no luxuries of RR there....) :D

I'll keep asking round though.

Tom

Hello PAW. I have the soft dash green RR from late 95/6 group of six. Was not aware of two from early 95 that's interesting especialy the manual option. Does it have the IR light switch that cuts out the air bags and other electrical circuits (beware switching this can mean a trip to a rovercom to reset the airbag circuit) or the thunderous extra horn (I like that thing). As for weapons stowage I believe their was a sort of crate that went in the back with the shooty stuff. other bits to look for are the split charge system. this was in the boot and if it's not there if you lift up the carpet you should see a battery shaped cutout in the sound deadening with probably a acid spill mat still in place. Radio stuff was in the offside rear side compartment and mine still has the mod radio clamp in place. other odd bits are the usual map reading light, a cutout from the cubby box and a very shiney drivers seat. Without these and the underbody stuff/full roll cage I would suspect it was an off the peg purchase and not a LRSV product, not that I am detracting from it's pedigree, far from it.
Also beware of lamp swingers. I don't know if you are aware but since the Iranian embassey siege it has been the law that every pub in the UK has to have one ex member or a good mate of "them" with a tale to tell. I was told a fantastic story about how mine came to have coils and shocks when I know for certain the last owner fitted them! Fair play for thinking on the spot though.

Hi Its an odd one, it has the std stuff SD cage, tow pack and split charge. Plus the map light on the side of the cubby box. It does not have the IR lights, but the bracket for the horns is there.

As well as being manual its not an SE so on coils, and the engine is far from std its v quick and it will rev.

I have spoken to the first owner (who followed it to the auction and took it back home as he was still IN), he knew the car and said it was not a "Team" car like yours but a "Command and Control" one. I have the paperwork from him to back up that it went back to Hereford. Plus the Cast paper to show it was 22reg.

Now i just need to work out which two (93 team or 95 C+C) to keep, wife not too happy with a pair. !

Not sure if I will still get a answer from PAW from a old post but would you be able to tell me if 84 KK 45 is one of the Range Rovers you got the casting papers for? It is a 1992/1993 model, casted in 2000, in Light blue.

Hi FT, I have just checked, 84KK45. Was one of the batch, (the last two chassis digits are 69) it was cast on the 31/01/00 and sold on the 7/4/00 with 76,168 miles on it.

Thanks PAW, I just bought the car so now for the restoration process. As soon as I have MOT and sold my 1988 that is. I dont think it got the roll cage and is a automatic. It would be interesting to try and get the service history. What do I have to do to get the casting papers? Was this also from 22nd reg then?

Have not seen it, still need to pick it up and see all the horrors! Looks like same owner 2000 to 2011 at least.

Kind Regards

I have just been looking at the pics. Looks like it may have been fitted with a cage, they use the C piller. let me know when you pick it up. Btw, the majority are auto, I have only found 4 manual.

Paw

Back
Top Bottom