• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Ex SAS Range Rover Classics

Hi

Anybody know of the current UK location of any of the V8 Classics used by 22 Rgt SAS? Fitted with full interior roll cage, odd holes in the dash for radio kit and holes in the rear compartment to locate secure firearms storage.

Externally same as any other Classic except they would have two discreet sockets, about same diameter as a scaffold pole mounted on the front bumper. The sockets were used to mount the assault platform over the bonnet.

I've been asked to find at least two for possible film work in north west England during Spring '08.

Any clues?

Cheers
Apparently EV72AA is currently for sale via the Facebook RRC Owners group. I would like to see how they did the roll cages in these if you’re happy to post some pictures https://m.facebook.com/groups/483231558382953/permalink/3776878085684934/

Apparently EV72AA is currently for sale via the Facebook RRC Owners group. I would like to see how they did the roll cages in these if you’re happy to post some pictures https://m.facebook.com/groups/483231558382953/permalink/3776878085684934/
Hi I have a soft dash roll cage and extra battery in boot blacked out rear windows it is an SE on coils manual gearbox contract No 6972/1 can’t find any info on it anything welcome. Believe 57KL10 was its army number. Chris

Hi I have a soft dash roll cage and extra battery in boot blacked out rear windows it is an SE on coils manual gearbox contract No 6972/1 can’t find any info on it anything welcome. Believe 57KL10 was its army number. Chris
Are you sure thats the mil reg as merlin is reporting that as a austin montego believe it or not lol! Hope you can find the info you need :)

Attachments

• D6FEA466-1F52-4D71-ACB8-EFA2E2820113.png
    D6FEA466-1F52-4D71-ACB8-EFA2E2820113.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 94
Are you sure thats the mil reg as merlin is reporting that as a austin montego believe it or not lol! Hope you can find the info you need :)
Hi thanks for checking that is the number I was given by previous number. can you use vin number to find anything? Do you think I would get anything from Land Rover with the special vehicles contract number? build date on special vehicles plate is 16.12.94 thanks Chris

I have found move info on my car, The soft dash is a "Command and Control" this was sent out with the "Team" cars and was in charge. It therefore did not have the bumper brackets and other smaller bits but does have the cage etc.

It was also spec'ed as a manual to be quicker, and has a tuned and chipped engine. This info was from the first owner, who was still "IN" when it was released.

Paw
Happy to post some photos next time it comes out of the garage. It is a safeTy devices cage mounted to body not chassis. On the soft dash you loose the left and right air vents as the down tube goes through the dashboard.

Hi thanks for checking that is the number I was given by previous number. can you use vin number to find anything? Do you think I would get anything from Land Rover with the special vehicles contract number? build date on special vehicles plate is 16.12.94 thanks Chris
Yes thats worth a go. You could also submit a request on the Royal logistics corps archive based on vin and details like that although it costs £10 and you may simply get no results back. I would try the FOI request from the MOD first, takes a month or so but they should have records on VIN. There are some good templates online and you could also find out about history of the vehicle, along with details of servicing work etc. Done that with mine and found out loads :) does yours have any other reference on the vehicle? Here are some links

Let us all know how it goes

Hi thanks very much.
all I have is the vin number SALLHAMM7MA658669 and the Special Vehicles contract number 6972/1. it was sold at Newport car actions first owner registered 26.06.2001 the this guy was a car dealer the guy I bought it off bought on the 12.07.2001he believed it could be a close protection vehicle. Trifled to get a build sheet on line but came back not available Have applied for certificate from Grayson was£46 but worth a try.

Hi thanks very much.
all I have is the vin number SALLHAMM7MA658669 and the Special Vehicles contract number 6972/1. it was sold at Newport car actions first owner registered 26.06.2001 the this guy was a car dealer the guy I bought it off bought on the 12.07.2001he believed it could be a close protection vehicle. Trifled to get a build sheet on line but came back not available Have applied for certificate from Grayson was£46 but worth a try.
Interestingly, I checked my landrover military book and found your chassis number here along with the military reg!! Its got to either be 81KL02 or 81KL03. That has a different contract number though

Attachments

• 5CD82198-BE61-4497-8523-8BE1A18D4DDD.jpeg
    5CD82198-BE61-4497-8523-8BE1A18D4DDD.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 70
Also merlin archive says the 81KL02 was cast on 27/03/01 just before you purchased! If its the one, sounds like you have got a great example there!

Great thank you very much. The in service date ties up with the build date on the special vehicles plate 16.12.94 will try freedom request once again thanks have had the vehicle 13 years and this is the first luck with any info.

Looking at the contract numbers don’t think they are Land Rover contact numbers. Have an arrival on a group of 6 put in service later in 95 and the number is 8042/2 I would assume they run 8042/1 to 8042/6 so that would
tie in with 81 KL03 being contract number 6971/2

Sure, its free to use here's the link to the record: 81KL02 Vehicle History - Merlin Archive. Although there is a record on merlin, it doesnt go into any detail unfortunately but it does at least confirm much of the information. Let us know how the foi request goes! Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 11.40.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 11.40.08.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 65
Thanks a couple of pictures of 81KL02 added a few extras over the years but interior was in amazing condition ties in with the control and command use as no hard use.

Attachments

• P7011620.JPG
    P7011620.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 56
  • P7011624.JPG
    P7011624.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 59
Hi chassis was very good just a small repair where the offside cat had burnt the paint off and some corrosion. The body structure around the bulkhead was poor at the seams and rear floor junction either side was gone. Could not get a floor so cut out either side and let in a new strip of metal about 30mm wide. Have new top tailgate to go on and will do rear body cross member. As it is staying to go at body mountings. Will post some more photos.

Back
Top Bottom