• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

L322, transfer box neutral

NO, spent £450 on a motor put it in and 10 yards later TRANSFER BOX NEUTRAL,
(NO RETURN IF IT WAS OK) so the guy let me have the ECU for £80, 13 weeks later NO transfer box neutral.

so the box and motor is now FOR SALE £450

Hi joc44
Are they still for sale ? If so were do I come too . All so are they second hand or new ?
I have taken apart my old one and yes I need to replace .
Many thanks

Hi I have a 2004 Range Rover TD6 vogue. I am
at my wits end. When you are towing or put 'load' on the vehicle in 5 gear it was like going over a cattle
grid. We were told the tork converter as us as we have done 117k. Had the box recondition etc £2800 later the problem is still there. Had the vehicle on to a landrover computer at an independent garage and the guy disconnected the transfer motor the car was perfect. Got a new transfer motor they had a bit of trouble fitting it. Apparently the old motor hadn't stopped in the correct place. Also fuse 33 was missing from the board they put a fuse in. Cleared all the faults and told me to pick it up. Got in started up computer says. Apply handbrake, transmission in neutral slow down. It also made a noise when going into park. Any help you be really appreciated.

Hi Bemble,

i have done the tests across the pins in question with results as follows, can you help please,
1 - 2 = 4.96
1 -4 = 4.60
2 - 4 = 1.42
i take it i may have a problem

I assume that you're only taking a measurement with the transfer box in high range, in which case 4.96 kilohm between pins 1 & 2 is about right.

Potentiometerpins.jpg

Phil

june 2006 4.4 petrol RR here with the same gearbox neutral problem. serviced the gearbox and rebuilt it. High/low worked .... for a while..... when the message popped up again i went to a LR dealer and they “calibrated” the motor through the computer (the 3x hig-low-high was a housewifesolution according to them.... , i actually do not believe them).
Things went right for some days. Dismounted the motor, swapped it with another... problem still existed. Swapped gearbox ECU no result. Detached motor again and measured the 3 combinations (photos attached):
1-2: 4,76
1-4: 4,46
2-4: 1,439.
Reattached motor to carplug withoud mounting it. Preformed some low/high actuations and all worked fine. Next i mounted the motor loosly (attached but not tightened the bolts) and preformed a low/high actuation then started tightening the bolts during actuations by my companion. Seemed to work, as if the was some tension before on the mortar(?) axle.
We took it out and preformed the hig-low-high actuation while driving (very slow, some 8 kmph) for 4 times.
Is it possible that we have messed up the exact position of the lead screw? And if so how to reset it to the correct postion?
Can it be positioned exactly correct by manually turning it all in, switch the detached motor through the car hig/low actuator to the low position and then mount the motor back again?

Attachments

• schermafdruk 2020-02-12 21.41.18.png
    schermafdruk 2020-02-12 21.41.18.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 196
  • schermafdruk 2020-02-12 21.41.05.png
    schermafdruk 2020-02-12 21.41.05.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 159
  • schermafdruk 2020-02-12 21.40.52.png
    schermafdruk 2020-02-12 21.40.52.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 205
Yet another update.......
When I got the TansferboxNeutral display today I stopped and put it in neutral and tried to switch from high to low and back..... nothing happened. Then I switched the engine off, locked and unlocked the doors (from within the car), started the engine, switched to neutral and then performed a high low switch. Worked! Then I did the high/low for about 5 times while driving (or actually rolling in neutral all of the time). All worked fine. Message did not pop up. Stopped locked the doors did my groceries and when I came back, same misery again!! Message appeared and H/L did not work. Did the same procedure as above and it worked.....
Stopping and locking the doors seems to have an effect on wether the H/L motor works........ I am totally confused and am desperate to get this problem solved.

I know Bremble is an expert on these matters but I have not yet had any replies??? Bemble?

Hi guys! An old topic, but became relevant to me yesterday.. I have L322 td6 -05 with GM box. I got this Transfer box neutral message for a half a second yesterday when I took off from a parking lot. Then after 15km driving I stopped for a 10min and started again, and right after taking off from a parking lot I got the same message and Hi Speed message blinking like crazy one at the time at my display for a second or two. Then.. all ok. And today no messages this far. At home yesterday I noticed that I coudn't switch to Lo Speed from the switch, i.e. nothing happened from it. Position sensor, or something else maybe?

Back
Top Bottom