• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

My D4 Story

Many thks and funny enough just been reading through the manual , plus didn’t realise it has auto dimming and WiFi where I can connect it to my phone or iPad

Intelligent Parking Mode

Once enabled, Parking Mode will put the Dash Cam in to standby mode after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The Dash Cam will power on automatically and record 2 minutes of video, when physical movement of your vehicle is detected.
Yep sounds like the same set up as mine :thumbsup:

Be wary of them...I know a few m/h owners who have had issues with them. A lot is to do with the systems they are using to manage them I think.

Bless u and good to know , think I’ll give them a miss , before I got a lead acid leisure battery , wonder if an AGM might be an improvement over the lead acid battery

Many thks once again

Massive respect as they look the bizz mate , hats off to u for doing such an awesome job , credit to u my friend and bet ur wel, chuffed with it

Many Thks also for the video and bookmarked it to watch later
Thanks Mate, so far so good; I'll know more tomorrow when they have dried and I can handle them properly. I am expecting to have to cut and polish to get as good a finish as I can.....we shall see :rolleyes:

Thanks Mate, so far so good; I'll know more tomorrow when they have dried and I can handle them properly. I am expecting to have to cut and polish to get as good a finish as I can.....we shall see :rolleyes:
Your so welcome as it’s justly deserved , can see you’ve put a lot of work into those , look forward seeing the end result plse when u get chance , many thks

Bless u and good to know , think I’ll give them a miss , before I got a lead acid leisure battery , wonder if an AGM might be an improvement over the lead acid battery

Many thks once again
We went for an AGM battery as a leisure battery in the van. We had a limited amount of space too .. it's been in there for 4 years now.

That being said the lead acid one it replaced was 22 years old! (And so was the spare tyre! 😬)

We went for an AGM battery as a leisure battery in the van. We had a limited amount of space too .. it's been in there for 4 years now.

That being said the lead acid one it replaced was 22 years old! (And so was the spare tyre! 😬)

Many thks , wow that’s impressive to last those many years

the starter lead battery is a yuasa 019 , been really pleased with that , so handy there’s a second battery tray with covers already under the bonnet , aux battery is LH side as u look at the engine , think these are the max dimensions for the aux battery , seems the max AH for the size is around 60AH, plus certainly wouldn’t go near an exide again

Length242 mm
Width175 mm
Height inc. terms190

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Clear and paint looking absolutely beautiful well done, its going to look even better overnight as the paint flats out more whilst it cures.

I am a great fan of the Paint Society videos, he gives some really good down to earth advice, and is honest about his mistakes.

For some time I have been trying to find another tan colored parcel shelf roller blind, without success. When I did come across one the guy wanted huge money for it. The reason is, as already mentioned at the beginning of this thread, to get a lower rad tax the Disco need to be converted to crewcab which involved installing a 'dog guard' bolted into the car.
IMG_1134.jpeg

With this 'guard' in place the roller parcel shelf unit would not fit into the recesses you can see in the plastic trim at either end of the guard.
I was looking for a cheap roller to cut to fit, but didn't find one. So I decided it was time to use the one I have.
Using a multi tool to cut into the roller blind chassis I made careful cuts removing a bit of the casing at a time and test fitting. Turns out I had to remove quite a bit of the structure that holds the mechanism for the roller and the spring clips that hold the lid in place.
IMG_1135.jpeg
You can see the end of the roller (it's upside-down) and how close to the roller I had to cut. I also had to remove quite a bit of the 'foot' of the black plastic case to get it to slip into place. It doesn't look to bad from the top side:
IMG_1136.jpeg
After a little squeezing and persuading, the roller frame fitted into place and (luckily) sits right up to the frame of the guard.
IMG_1137.jpeg IMG_1138.jpeg
That's another job out of the way.....
IMG_1139.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom