• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Show us your Leafer!

Reading the advert a bit deeper...it has a 50mile range, and according to their blurb 50 miles is all an old series is good for. And in their opine it's better than it would have been when it came out if the factory. 50 mile range and takes 6 hours to charge. Good for inner London apparently. Yup, exactly where you need a Series Land Rover.

For sale owing to the owner having an accident. Got electrocuted did they?šŸ˜

Reading the advert a bit deeper...it has a 50mile range, and according to their blurb 50 miles is all an old series is good for. And in their opine it's better than it would have been when it came out if the factory. 50 mile range and takes 6 hours to charge. Good for inner London apparently. Yup, exactly where you need a Series Land Rover.

For sale owing to the owner having an accident. Got electrocuted did they?šŸ˜
Some people do spout some utter shyte when they open their mouth.

Google maps recently updated my area......thought i'd see if the streetview had been updated, and it has.

Not a bad picture to be honest :)

google_car.jpg

Quick question does anyone know if charging your electric car battery from a public charging point is the cost lower than charging it at home?
Just thinking could stuff a long wheel base landrover with batteries and power my house from it.
Apparently itā€™s twice as cheap to charge your car from home than a public charging point ..
good idea though you could of been onto something there ..šŸ™‚

Stupid waste of time and money. Maybe it will be restored properly one day if theyve not fecked it up too much...
It's amazing to think that these so called green ideas and people who make them up just haven't any common sense.
We do without this we do without that we walk we cycle we are asked to give up our petrol and diesel vehicles all in quest for
clean air................Just one question ?........Where does all this clean air go when there is a gale? and there's always a good bit of wind in this country.

Quick question does anyone know if charging your electric car battery from a public charging point is the cost lower than charging it at home?
Just thinking could stuff a long wheel base landrover with batteries and power my house from it.
A spare car battery, 2 or 3 12v led's ( 3 or 5w) or are they smd's, either way been a good background light in our living room for the past 2 years
between these and the telly we don't need any more light in the evening!
battery lasts for weeks on end.........never worked out the saving but it must save some something.

Attachments

• IMG_7251.JPG
    IMG_7251.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7250.JPG
    IMG_7250.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 39
Hi , once the cold weather hits your mileage drops . Some of the vans are hitting 80 miles + to a charge . Iā€™ll stick to the diesel as long as I can . Failing that extend the chassis on series , I have 3 horses , so 3 HP Landy . šŸ˜Š

My new Series 2 - just picked up yesterday. Ex Army VM who has been out the game for 30 odd years and looking forward to a bit of tinkering. Lots to do, starting with:

Remove all the superfluous black and silver paint inside. Looks awful. On the brake cover. In the cab. On the pipes. Awful. I'd rather bare metal than crap paint.
Swap out the heater for a better looking one.
Fettle the steering as best I can. Feels like I'm in the A Team driving it.
Small jobs to do, lights, labels, etc..
Fix the fuel smell - giving me a headache driving!
Buy a drip tray!
Fix the alternator - looks like battery not charging.
Tidy up the whole engine bay - cables, electrics, coil etc.
And a whole load more.

Drove it home 190 miles last night. Two things I had forgot. Drum brakes and not disk brakes. Nearly rear ended a lorry braking sharply. Pump, pump, PUMP.

Was a dog for 30 miles and once the engine burnt off whatever was holding it back 60mph all the way home. Drinks fuel!
Landy.png

My new Series 2 - just picked up yesterday. Ex Army VM who has been out the game for 30 odd years and looking forward to a bit of tinkering. Lots to do, starting with:

Remove all the superfluous black and silver paint inside. Looks awful. On the brake cover. In the cab. On the pipes. Awful. I'd rather bare metal than crap paint.
Buy a drip tray!
And a whole load more.

Drove it home 190 miles last night. Two things I had forgot. Drum brakes and not disk brakes. Nearly rear ended a lorry braking sharply. Pump, pump, PUMP.

Was a dog for 30 miles and once the engine burnt off whatever was holding it back 60mph all the way home. Drinks fuel!
Looks really nice in the pic.
It is a bit different when you have to pick up your own fuel bills instead of the government paying for all that petrol

Buy a drip tray!
And a whole load more.

Was a dog for 30 miles and once the engine burnt off whatever was holding it back 60mph all the way home. Drinks fuel!View attachment 440046
Sits nice and straight, tidy.

Buy a drip tray!
And a whole load more.

Was a dog for 30 miles and once the engine burnt off whatever was holding it back 60mph all the way home. Drinks fuel!View attachment 440046
Lovely. Doesn't look it needs touching! More photos please :)

Buy a drip tray!
And a whole load more.

Looks stunning ..

Lovely. Doesn't look it needs touching! More photos please :)
I wish. A lot of paint inside on everything. Even the rubber tubes! It's in good fettle with a galv chassis though so hopefully it's just a few small jobs and some clean up. The engine, after I "ran it in" yesterday, was sweet.

Last edited:
That's brave. I've bought four cars over the years, sight unseen, drove them home with varying degrees of difficulty. But 190 miles in a Series II is a pretty good yomp at the best of times!

Yeah - with the engine a little ropey at first I got 10 miles in and thought "Christ, what have I let myself in for" but TBH, after the engine cleared up, apart from the wandering steering and nearly rear ending the lorry all way as expected, if not quite as comfy as the Tiguan :D

Back
Top Bottom