• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Show us your Leafer!

Yeah - with the engine a little ropey at first I got 10 miles in and thought "Christ, what have I let myself in for" but TBH, after the engine cleared up, apart from the wandering steering and nearly rear ending the lorry all way as expected, if not quite as comfy as the Tiguan :D
Aye, most important tool in the kit is the rac/as membership card.

No way they can fix it, most just scratch their head and send for a recovery. Free ride home!

Years ago I seized up an old Jag I'd just bought. The RAC man turned up in his little van (I did say it would need recovery) and was delighted to find the 'fault'. We had taken a plug lead off the one that was knocking in the hope of getting home on 5 cylinders- it still seized up. He put the lead back on and insisted I try to start it- needless to say- recovery booked! David

I have had an ex REME VM turn up in an AA van and sort out an ignition fault on a V8 in a few minutes. Same V8 similar problem, different day, different AA man and hours later, after 'phoning a friend and using ever more complex diagnostic equipment he gave up.
The problem was a piddling little 50p (£35) sensor in the distributor breaking down, intermittently, in between times it would perform faultlessly for months on end.

Last edited:
A friend, another ex REME, bought a garage. One day a posh motorhome limped in, owner absolutely sure it was going to blow up or something.

Mate lifts bonnet, howks out a sensor, fits a new one. £15 for the sensor, and £35 labour.

The owner went nuts, why am I paying £35 for labour when it only took ten minutes?

Because you're paying for the knowledge that knew which part to replace. I can put the old part back on if you want?

Taken; 30th October 2023

Far Sawrey
Cumbria

This parks opposite the lane to the house we stayed in

395454812_10229036243563051_3675509804009077594_n.jpg

I see that some of the other sections have a "Show us your ..." sticky e.g. Defender, Disco, Freelander (indeed!), etc. Should we have one for Leafers? Did there used to be one here?

If anyone thinks it's a good idea, please contribute - here are two of mine! (As per footer)
Just bought my lovely 1965 2A. I’ve got new hinges to go on, new grill, a new back window (any tips pls) and lots more. So glad to have a Landy back in my life! She will be my daily driver from Jan too and I’m learning so any advice welcomed!

Attachments

• IMG_7517.jpeg
    IMG_7517.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7563.jpeg
    IMG_7563.jpeg
    645.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7564.jpeg
    IMG_7564.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7391.jpeg
    IMG_7391.jpeg
    802.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7392.jpeg
    IMG_7392.jpeg
    783.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7393.jpeg
    IMG_7393.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7394.jpeg
    IMG_7394.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 62
(any tips pls)
Welcome to the forum, looks like a nice Landy.

Rear quarter light. There's a inner strip in the rubber seal, take that out. Remove any broken glass. Then you can slide the new glass in place, easing the seal round the edges. A blunt knife works, though there are tools for the job.

Once the glass is in, you can refit the centre strip. Put the join at the bottom, and feed the strip in as you go. Again there are tools for this, but a blunt knife or flat screwdriver will do it.

This might be of use.

Just bought my lovely 1965 2A. I’ve got new hinges to go on, new grill, a new back window (any tips pls) and lots more. So glad to have a Landy back in my life! She will be my daily driver from Jan too and I’m learning so any advice welcomed!
Welcome to the forum .i like that did it see active duty in a service …being blue .

Fabulous looking vehicle, absolutely fabulous. I wish you many happy years of ownership.
A dash of washing up liquid helps when fitting window seals as well.

Welcome to the forum, looks like a nice Landy.

Rear quarter light. There's a inner strip in the rubber seal, take that out. Remove any broken glass. Then you can slide the new glass in place, easing the seal round the edges. A blunt knife works, though there are tools for the job.

Once the glass is in, you can refit the centre strip. Put the join at the bottom, and feed the strip in as you go. Again there are tools for this, but a blunt knife or flat screwdriver will do it.

This might be of use.

Thanks I’ll give it a go on the weekend if it stops raining!

Back
Top Bottom