• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

The "normal things going on" thread.

Travelling down the M6 today from the Lake District we passed two broken down Discovery, including one that had become a live lane breakdown. One was a TDV6 the other was an SDV6. :rolleyes:

Just a normal week so far I’ve assembled and fitted 3 wardrobes and then shelved out a garage it’s a bit of a shit job but it’s the customers spec it would have been better with some bikes in there and some substantial shelving for bike and landy bits not random household junk which has started appearing before I’ve finished but I’m not too bothered as it pays my bills 😀

Attachments

• IMG_6231.jpeg
    IMG_6231.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6232.jpeg
    IMG_6232.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6233.jpeg
    IMG_6233.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 15
It seems to be a normal for me yet another gearbox on the bench the kickstart on my James commode won’t return to the top of its travel and is stiff when you manually return it the shaft and it pisses gearbox oil out worse than a landy 😀 on inspection the cover is badly bent by 4mm and it doesn’t seal or line up with the engine so it’s been stripped and the cover refitted with some shims under the low part and then heated up and clamped down to try and straighten it I will have a look next week and see if its good enough to go again 😀

Attachments

• IMG_6243.jpeg
    IMG_6243.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6244.jpeg
    IMG_6244.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 12
Hi everyone , just joined the forum as I am hoping to get my SWB Series 3 back on and off the road and there seems to be lots of good information avalable here, and I am sure I will have some really silly questions as things progress.!!
Decided to reply here as my Ser 3 is called Bluebell

Helped my mum put up a new rose arch after the old one broke its back in the strong wind last winter. Just got the work out how to get the plants back up.
Hope the postcrete I used is enough to keep it upright.

Found out the old faithful sack trolley has a flat tyre. Going to have to work out how to get the wheel off and get access to the inner tube. Never fixed a puncture before but I can learn. Any advice is welcome.

Helped my mum put up a new rose arch after the old one broke its back in the strong wind last winter. Just got the work out how to get the plants back up.
Hope the postcrete I used is enough to keep it upright.

Found out the old faithful sack trolley has a flat tyre. Going to have to work out how to get the wheel off and get access to the inner tube. Never fixed a puncture before but I can learn. Any advice is welcome.
Depending on the size, you may be better off buying a new tube (or tyre)!
When I looked at fixing one for a wheelbarrow it was far easier (and not expensive) to just replace it.
Especially if you are going to have to go out and buy patches/glue/tyre leavers etc...

Bought new tyre and tube for my wheel barrow - they dont fit well enough and it's been years of hassle too many corners and it comes off the rime. New complete wheel and tyre would have been double the price of swapping tyre and tube but still cheap compared to a new wheel barrow and it would have worked first time. I shouldn't complain it was a free barrow my kid found it when we were magnet fishing - in the hedges other side of the path to the canal - he threw the magnet behind somehow and it was a perfect cast to the wheel barrow :) I've shifted tens of tons of earth with it!

Depending on the size, you may be better off buying a new tube (or tyre)!
When I looked at fixing one for a wheelbarrow it was far easier (and not expensive) to just replace it.
Especially if you are going to have to go out and buy patches/glue/tyre leavers etc...

I think it's standard wheelbarrow size. See picture for the actual one. We used to have someone who'd do jobs like this for us but he moved on to a new job. He'd just use crowbars and brute strength. Tyres are so old that I'm expecting them to be extremely hard rubber.

20231006_120400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom