• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

General The workshop adventures of Miffy the 110

Is there anything finer than a Defender with a big ol trailer on the hitch?? :D

In this case a 19ft tri-axle Ifor Williams trailer. Heavy ol beast but towed like a dream.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-24 at 15.31.10.jpeg

A workshop related post this morning. As some of you may know I have moved into a house that came with a 4'6" tall (or at least that is what it feels like) shed, now the Miffy shed :mrgreen: It is nowhere near as good as the workshop I used to have but it is leagues and leagues better than a muddy driveway and outside slab with a vice on it.

Anyway, managed to get so shelves into it to store the parts and supplies but the area is pretty useless without something to tinker on and to mount the excellent vice.

After a good month of FB market place messages to a variety of people who apparently post up stuff they do not actually have or want to get rid of I saw an advert for a 2.5m wooden work bench reduced from £120 to free on Easter Saturday. Best of all it was pretty local to me to.

Sounded like a job for Miffy and her rood rack :thumbsup:

an hour or so round trip and a bit of lugging and shifting and duh duuuhhhhhh Bench is in the shed :D I can tell you that the old boy was quite the DIY grease monkey the bench is properly scarred, gnarly and impregnated with a decent amount of black oil. Perfect it will not rot away... You can even see where the old vice was mounted.

So it is in and I now need to sort out the under shelf for storage, mount the vice and somehow get light into the shed.

Anyone have any good idea for internal shed light? I do have power in there, but no light.

IMG_6509.jpegIMG_6513.jpegIMG_6512.jpegIMG_6511.jpegIMG_6510.jpeg

Today Miffy officially shrugged off her Winter muff and is very much looking forward to a lovely summer :cool: The only bad thing is that the A-bar blew over and broke one of the upper mounts which is a bummer... Fairly sure there was someone selling metal versions of the brackets. Anyone know who? Was it Massai?

Well it wasn't Masai it was Flatdog: A-bar brackets - Well that sucks... But at least they won't break again :rolleyes:

Well it was new door day yesterday. Took me ages to get this first one done. First times are always a bit slow... Quite some time a go now I realised I had screwed up and realised that Miffys doors were beyond simple repair. I blame living close to the coast and salt spray. They have held on for longer than expected, but over the last few evenings I have almost finished the install of the drivers side second row door and, well, I am quite happy with the outcome.

From this IMG_6783.JPG

to this IMG_6807.JPGIMG_6811.JPG

The only issue I had was the wrong bolt size for some captive nuts (on their way and why the door furniture is not on) and I forgot to put the drain back in. Had no idea there was a drain funnel hiding away inside the second row doors...

IMG_6810.JPGIMG_6809.JPG

Anyway, thankfully it is not a door off job to refit it. Just got to do the other three doors now. Tell you what though the rubber and plastic components of the original door were so hard even the flexible rubber seals which were so dry and brittle. They weren't sealing anything anymore, it is no wonder so much water and dirt got down inside.

These doors will not rust...

Back
Top Bottom