• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Defender today?

Ive put my name down for one of these when they are back in stock (gulp);

Im not looking for more overall power, just a wider spread.
I replaced the core in my original turbo a couple of years ago with a hybrid core that was supposed to give a biggish improvement and it was (I think) slightly better.
I thought at the time it was spooling up a bit faster, but I still feel like I would like the power to come in a bit earlier.
I have a couple of VGT turbos that I salvaged and was going to build one up and adapt the exhaust etc etc, but I'll never get a round tuit so giving in and shelling out.

If this doesnt help then I give up.

Ive put my name down for one of these when they are back in stock (gulp);

Im not looking for more overall power, just a wider spread.
I replaced the core in my original turbo a couple of years ago with a hybrid core that was supposed to give a biggish improvement and it was (I think) slightly better.
I thought at the time it was spooling up a bit faster, but I still feel like I would like the power to come in a bit earlier.
I have a couple of VGT turbos that I salvaged and was going to build one up and adapt the exhaust etc etc, but I'll never get a round tuit so giving in and shelling out.

If this doesnt help then I give up.
I replaced the spool in my 300tdi , I don't actually think there was much change . I fitted an Allard VNT and this did make a big difference. A wider range of torque and made for much smoother driving . take the plunge , I don't think you'll regret it !

Swapped front springs around as had the handed springs the wrong way ! Doh ! still have a drooping 110 as it made no difference eben though there was 20mm difference in spring height ! urgh ! changed the bearing in one of the pulleys on the engine, its a split pulley on the serpentine belt and bearing was squealing a little , new bearing 12 euros -new pulley 62 Euro ! had to knock out the pins holding the two pieces together and have riveted it back with stainless rivets ,so hopefully will hold.

Replaced my LT230 rear output seal and output.
Replaced the seal last year but didn't really look at the coupling, noticed a the puddle a couple of weeks ago under the box. Pulled it off today to replace and noticed all the pitting on the surface the seal is against. Hopefully that'll stop that leak, now onto the next one lol.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

sandwich school mate 25th may ,really good last 2 years

sandwich school mate 25th may ,really good last 2 years

Is it an invitation only if you bring your vehicle or just turn up …I wouldn’t mind going .

Back
Top Bottom