• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What grinds YOUR gears??

Cannot abide mobile telephones and the ignorance of the typical user.
Managed to find a pub which is a mobile/tablet/laptop free zone. Bliss!
Returning from a stint in Iraq my buddy Robbie had his portable jammer in his day-sack....highly illegal of course, but if you want peace and quiet in a Notting Hill pub just turn it on for ten minutes and watch the civvies jump!

Please do elaborate! Bison once occupied these places in the millions but now it's quite rare to see one. Some ranchers are raising them for their very lean meat (which is good!) but they no longer roam the plains as a wild animal...

Ok so when we arrived at BATUS , we were briefed by a Canadian CSM , basicly saying “ yep you saw a buffalo as you drove through the gates ,have a beer ,have fun ,but don’t fuck with Earl he will kill you 🥴

Ok so when we arrived at BATUS , we were briefed by a Canadian CSM , basicly saying “ yep you saw a buffalo as you drove through the gates ,have a beer ,have fun ,but don’t fuck with Earl he will kill you 🥴
In the officers' mess was a huge bison head and of the cavalry subalterns shaved its chin. How I ended up in the office of Commande BATUS is anybody's guess! I might have proofed the Canadian flag though...might.

When my guys arrived at BATUS they were briefed by the RCMP "if you start a fight we will use CS gas and tasers immediately" that was almost a "come-on"!

In the officers' mess was a huge bison head and of the cavalry subalterns shaved its chin. How I ended up in the office of Commande BATUS is anybody's guess! I might have proofed the Canadian flag though...might.

When my guys arrived at BATUS they were briefed by the RCMP "if you start a fight we will use CS gas and tasers immediately" that was almost a "come-on"!
The good old days 😂

Does anyone remember the professor who was issued a grant to discover why breakfast cereal went soggy? His conclusion - it was caused by adding milk. This was a couple of decades ago now but caused a bit of a stir at the time.
I do not remember the professor, but do remember the earth-shattering report. Not dissimilar to the massive study into how dropped toast falls to the deck, with nuggets as erudite and educative as this: "it is found that the experimentally determined free fall angular velocity of a slice of buttered toast, tumbling off the edge of a table, can only be predicted at all accurately if slipping is taken into account". Well bugger me. I might be a poorly educated former Bootneck and from Devon at that, but I have spent enough time on HM ships to take "slipping" into the equation!

Just asking for trouble
Did you know that one of the hotel/bars/strip joints in Med Hat is called The Asiniboa Inn? The guys refer to it as the Sin Bin...obviously. As a young and impressionable subaltern I learned a great deal in Canada! Raul's Rose Garden was also highly edifying, thirty years of entertaining British troops and then it burned down...

We never got out ,gated for scrapping with 29 , had four days in Edmonton 🥴, were we got locked up for scrapping 😏, young ,foolish ,thought the world was ours for the taking , and we took as much as we could 😂

We never got out ,gated for scrapping with 29 , had four days in Edmonton 🥴, were we got locked up for scrapping 😏, young ,foolish ,thought the world was ours for the taking , and we took as much as we could 😂
I learned very quickly that The Boss has to lead from the front - if they are in Belize scrummaging with Paras then the Boss is in Belize scrummaging with Paras!

We stayed with the PPCLI Paras in Edmonton, year or so before they were disbanded.

Drivers who cross the middle white line on roads when it's not necessary. Keep to your own side of the road people! :mad:
Normal driving in Turkey and Georgia, often on blind bends and even with one of Solihull's finest coming towards them! If oncoming they expect the driver on the other side of the road to pull over for them whatever the consequence! Even the cops do it in Turkey!!!

Oh FFS this just gets beyond stupid.
On the same theme - how about these .....
Now, I didn't realise Dodo's were colonial supremacists or slaves but what do I know o_O
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 09.12.17.png

and when you dig up a skeleton now you can't specify where it originated from - dat's racist. As you said - FFS.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 09.12.01.png

and if you thought that was mad - archaeologists shouldn't identify remains as male or female - you never know they could be one of the other 96 genders :rofl:
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 09.11.41.png

I'm starting to feel like Victor Meldrew. "I don't believe it".

Just had a reply from royal mail, response is saying I didn't give enough evidence. Absolute lying b/stards evidence was provided, including screenshot of eBay sale. The item was sent recorded they lost it,I want postage money plus eBay sale value.
Their email:

We’re sorry there’s been a problem; be assured we’ll do all we can to review your claim and provide you with a resolution as quickly as possible. So we can do this, we need you to provide the correct evidence to support your claim. When reviewing the details of your claim, the full evidence required wasn’t provided.

All compensation claims must be supported by the following:

• Proof of the items value – this must show what it cost you to purchase or manufacture the original item (or repair in the case of damage), e.g. till receipt, bank statement, etc. or if sold we would need to see what the item was sold for, i.e. bank statement or till receipt, or if sold through ebay, we would need to see the final sales page/paypal page. - this must contain the date of purchase.

If you’re able to provide this information and wish for us to reconsider your claim, the quickest way is to upload this evidence at www.royalmail.com/claims under the section ‘Providing evidence for an existing claim’.

Back
Top Bottom