• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who did you see today?

none series but various Land Rovers in Le Touquet and Ypres.
There were several others but they were either too far away or moving too quickly for me to get a pic

Attachments

• lara1.jpg
    lara1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 72
  • lara2.jpg
    lara2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 24
  • lara3.jpg
    lara3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 21
  • lara4.jpg
    lara4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 18
  • lara5.jpg
    lara5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 18
  • lara6.jpg
    lara6.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 25
  • lara7.jpg
    lara7.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 35
Was out walking yesterday and just happened to glance at an open garage as I wandered along the street. Thought I saw a vaguely familiar silhouette. Paused for a better look cos it was fairly deep into the garage. The fella in there invited me over to have a better look at a really very original '49 series1 complete with lights behind the grille. He also has a much more recent 90. The brief pause turned into an hour long matter about Land Rovers we have known.
The series has a fascinating history and I'm looking forward to seeing it out on the road when it's been fettled.

No picture unfortunately but saw an overland camper Defender in Ambleside today. It was a Puma with heavy duty winch, sand/mud boards strapped to the sides and a pop up roof hinged above the windscreen.
Interestingly it had a roof rack on the pop up roof and on the roof rack a thule roof box.

It’s the first time I’ve got up to one I couldn’t believe how small it was really nice though wouldn’t mind one at all 😀
Friend of mine has a Pinzgauer I’ve driven it off road ..certainly cuts the mustard…it’s got more levers than a boing 737 …I wouldn’t mind one but there getting expensive now .

Friend of mine has a Pinzgauer I’ve driven it off road ..certainly cuts the mustard…it’s got more levers than a boing 737 …I wouldn’t mind one but there getting expensive now .
For me a high lever count is a big plus when assessing a machines overall cool-factor. The more manual controls the better. I always thought that if I could get into the cab of a Union Pacific "Big Boy" I'd be in heaven. 😆
IMG_8297_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom