• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who did you see today?

At a local Drive It day meet yesterday:
S2_scoobydoo.jpg

In a shop in Milan last week:
Landy_tintin.jpg

The same shop sold miniature cyclists in all the team colours so you could make up your own Giro-d'Italia or Tour de France:thumbsup:
cyclist_models.jpg

Which one do I turn now? The red one :lol:
Haha! Really. Isn't that something?! The knobs are painted for visibility not identification. There's no operators manual for that thing - you just have to bloody well know what you're doing. Today's Occupational Health & Safety committees would freak if they saw that! Modern safety mentality and modern technology is undeniably superior to the past but there's something to be said for bloody well knowing what you're doing and bloody well taking responsibility for your actions. The people who ran these machines were career professionals and took pride in their skills. A bit more of that would do the world some good in my opinion. 🙂

Haha! Really. Isn't that something?! The knobs are painted for visibility not identification. There's no operators manual for that thing - you just have to bloody well know what you're doing. Today's Occupational Health & Safety committees would freak if they saw that! Modern safety mentality and modern technology is undeniably superior to the past but there's something to be said for bloody well knowing what you're doing and bloody well taking responsibility for your actions. The people who ran these machines were career professionals and took pride in their skills. A bit more of that would do the world some good in my opinion. 🙂

I can understand your fascination with lots of complicated controls, and indeed I share that fascination to a degree. However, I think there is a lot of merit in I.K.Brunel's observation that the driver's primary job is to look where he is going and observe signals. Anything which distracts him from that is a potentially fatal nuisance. David

I can understand your fascination with lots of complicated controls, and indeed I share that fascination to a degree. However, I think there is a lot of merit in I.K.Brunel's observation that the driver's primary job is to look where he is going and observe signals. Anything which distracts him from that is a potentially fatal nuisance. David
Well said and very true. There's no arguing with modern safety standards which help make operators of equipment focus more on the job at hand rather than getting confusing controls mixed up. The enjoyment of excessive control options is very much a personal "me" thing. 😁

I know people complain Abt ' elf an safety gone mad ' but each thing comes with a manual..... Read it. Chainsaws , never use one without yr ballistics on . Horrific injury with just a slip or trip. Take responsibility ✊

Back
Top Bottom