• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Changing from a 3 to a 5 bearing main 2.25

marcus skinner

First Gear
Hey everyone.. changing the engine in my S2a .. my 3 bearing main needs more work than u have time or money to deal with at the moment .. got a running 5 bearing and I’m looking to put it in .. What is different when it comes to mounting it up and refitting everything?

His old manifold should fit the new engine diesel has two different manifolds but just the outlet changed from 4 bolt to 3 bolt.
No mention in parts book of 5 main bearing being different.
Some slight differences in clutch area see parts snip attached

Attachments

• Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 21
The Flywheel housing on my 5brg has damaged/eroded threads, missing studs.. I saw a 3 brg Flywheel housing available, so will that bolt
to the 5brg block..?

The Flywheel housing on my 5brg has damaged/eroded threads, missing studs.. I saw a 3 brg Flywheel housing available, so will that bolt
to the 5brg block..?

I believe not, the crankshaft rear oil seal is totally different and I think that change involved changes to the flywheel housing. It shouldn't be a major problem to reclaim the threads in your housing and to replace the studs. David

I believe not, the crankshaft rear oil seal is totally different and I think that change involved changes to the flywheel housing. It shouldn't be a major problem to reclaim the threads in your housing and to replace the studs. David
How would you go about refitting the studs in the stripped housing??

Back
Top Bottom