• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Engine died- crank shaft fault

I have a 2018 RR Velar owned since new and full service history. Last service was April 2022. Yesterday I was on the M25 when without warning a “critically low oil” warning triangle light appeared on the dashboard. There was no low oil warning beforehand. Then a message saying something like the car was operating under restrictions. It then started losing power and I pulled onto hard shoulder and all the warning lights came on. It never started again.

I had the car recovered to my home as LR Hatfield garage want £295 just to look at it. I have since called 5 different garages and all have told me the same thing. Sounds like the engine has seized, a common occurance with the Velar. My car is out of warranty and the estimate is £10k for new engine and £3k to fit. I am amazed a car costing £60k has an expected life of just 4 years. I have been advised to sell for spares or repair. I won’t buy another LR.
It’s worth having a read through this thread to see what other people have done if you haven’t already …I would take it further ..go through the right channels and you may have some luck …

Hello guys, my rrs 2015 at 79.000 km crankshaft issue and engine died, Land Rover had changed my engine to new one, after 1 year last week at 99.000 km engine died again. Our engines have absolutely engineering fault. I am gonne sue Land Rover.

Hello guys, my rrs 2015 at 79.000 km crankshaft issue and engine died, Land Rover had changed my engine to new one, after 1 year last week at 99.000 km engine died again. Our engines have absolutely engineering fault. I am gonne sue Land Rover.
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your RRS troubles! I'm curious to know if there are many old Series Land Rovers out in Turkey?

Sorry to hear that after your earlier success. Your experience is exactly why I advise anyone who gets a replacement engine to sell immediately.

Sorry to hear that after your earlier success. Your experience is exactly why I advise anyone who gets a replacement engine to sell immediately.
Thank you. I regret that I did not sell my car before. Turkish laws require that the engine life is at least 10 years. However, the engine life does not last even 1 year.

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your RRS troubles! I'm curious to know if there are many old Series Land Rovers out in Turkey?
Thank you. Yes, it is possible to see enough old Range Rovers in Turkey. Lots of users got the same error. We set up a Whatsapp group, our friends filed lawsuits and it continues.

gy9zpwm.png

Guys why don't you protest in front of the Land Rover UK factory? :)

Yeah, so the next poor bastard can inherit the problem instead. Nice philosophy!
What we really need is legal compulsion for JLR to buy back the vehicle rather than repair it.
You are quite right, but my advice is to this owner who has already had one free engine. Its the Lady Bracknell problem, 1 is unfortunate....I just think the grief of an owner trying for a 2nd engine is too much. Of course it does depend on the warranty JLR offered on the replacement engine but I'll bet its expired.

Which is worse: that they break or that they break so often someone had felt the need to make a spoof video :eek:

funny enough in south korea they supply and fit a brand new engine FOC

in the future I’m hoping to change mine to a petrol discovery in order to not have the hand grenade under my bonnet that’s had the pin pulled , lol

funny enough in south korea they supply and fit a brand new engine FOC

in the future I’m hoping to change mine to a petrol discovery in order to not have the hand grenade under my bonnet that’s had the pin pulled , lol
I like the way you put that very good ..I can’t see all these problems with the engines doing JLR any favours ..they should just replace the engine and then you have a fairly happy customer…those that don’t have any luck will not buy the brand again that’s for certain ..

I like the way you put that very good ..I can’t see all these problems with the engines doing JLR any favours ..they should just replace the engine and then you have a fairly happy customer…those that don’t have any luck will not buy the brand again that’s for certain ..
In local retailer says that my engine gonna change second time, but I say changing engine is not enough for me this time. They must change all car to new one.

Back
Top Bottom