• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Range Rover Sat Nav Upgrade to DVD for L322 2002-05 Models

Going one stage further and wanting to put an ipod interface connection onto the wiring connector at the back of the CD changer in the glove box. Does anybody know how to remove the CD changer or get to the back of it without causing serious damage to the vehicle?
I have downloaded http://www.roverupgrades.com/Range_Rover_MP3_Cd_Changer.html and spent the last 3 hours following then retracing what I have done including removing an additional 4 screws that are not listed, the glove box stays 100% solid.
Can anybody help? Thank you.

Hi mate - you have to remove half the dash - eg passenger side and its hard not to do any damage - if you are local to walsall i will do it for you for a good drink - thanks r1ray

Morning Roy,
In nothern France so forget the drink if feel like coming here to do it, how about a meal with a bottle of wine?
Seriously though, I removed the side panel passengers door, removed the panel against central unit, removed all screws around glove box container. I can see nothing else that could be holding it in place. It is still 100% solid, no give whatsoever.
I assume the CD unit is held in with screws that can only be accessed once glove box unit removed?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

hi mate - you have to move all the panels even the passenger n/s/top air vent - you need to access all the screws that hold the glove box in - yes you are rite the glove box has to come out as there is 2 screws that hold the cd unit in - thanks r1ray

Have you thought of using a "dice unit" (or perhaps you already are, I don't think most Ipod connectors allow the use of a CD changer and Ipod unit together... it's usually one or tuther), as this will come ready done for your car and have diagrams of where to remove parts etc., the only thing that would worry me about undoing bits of the dash is the potential to damage it's covering (mine already has marks).

Tom

hi mate - i have a mp3 cd changer with digital text - a ipod conection - 6 aux inputs [built into the range rover system] - dvd player with usb inputs - digital tv - playstation 2 [just taken it out] - wireles headphones - 2 rear screens - most of the upgrades are from a bmw 06 x5 - thanks r1ray

Hi Johny,

I just replaced the right DVD mk4 in my Vogue with version 32; After the installation a get a black screen; It does not work!!

Tried a couple of times; everybody says it is easy, not for me and you as it looks... Did you resolve the issue; does anyone know what might be the issue?? Best regards Erik

I think you have a faulty unit, its very simple change over just take oout old and put in new and it should work, I have done it before, you might have to get firmware updated, do you know what version you are running?

By the way if you want MK4 Navigation disk 2009-2 i can do it for £25 with speed camera's on it, let me know or email me on [email protected]

hi lads - if anybody wants a perfect mark 3 dvd sat nav unit with latest firm ware v32 and a 2009 map - i have one for sale - £350 fitted - thanks r1ray

Hi there the LR forum keeps sending me a link to your post regarding my request for help with a SATNAV upgrade for my 02 RR. We talked briefly last year and I was keen to get a contact for the local guy you mentioned that upgraded your system. Believe it or not I've been searching off and on for 12 months for someone to sort the car without and no luck!

I'd really be grateful for a contact.

Kind regards,

Vino:)

Hi Vino,

I can help you out with my contact who builds in navi v32 2009 as well as bluetooth telephone for 800 Euro together! he is a real profi and knows what he does..

He can also do TV; we do have one huge challenge; I live in the Netherlands :( Unless you happen to travel to the Netherlands I can get you in contact with him.....

Best Regards,

Erik

hi lads - if anybody wants a perfect mark 3 dvd sat nav unit with latest firm ware v32 and a 2009 map - i have one for sale - £350 fitted - thanks r1ray

Hi,

If it's still avaliable, I'm interested in the MKIV unit, but as I'm a bit far away and fitting is apparently only a five minute job, what would we be looking at shipped, but not fitted? I'm interested in this modification if it allows you to enter postcodes, which I'm having trouble finding out whether or not it will.

ATB,
Tom

hi mate £350 inc the post - what town are you in - thanks r1ray

Hi Mate,

I'm seriously interested in the unit, how would we go about making payment? I can do paypal instantly if you want.

I don't seem to be able to reply to your visitor message or have a PM system either.....

And mods should this be moved to the BST or For Sale section?

ATB,
Tom

Hi Mate,

I'm seriously interested in the unit, how would we go about making payment? I can do paypal instantly if you want.

I don't seem to be able to reply to your visitor message or have a PM system either.....

And mods should this be moved to the BST or For Sale section?

ATB,
Tom
hi mate - go onto ebay and find my user name it is r1-ray and send me a message with your phone number and i will ring you - thanks r1ray

Back
Top Bottom