• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Range Rover Sat Nav Upgrade to DVD for L322 2002-05 Models

hi mate - the disc you have stuck into the dvd unit is ok - you need to flash the bios in the dvd unit - i can do this 4 you but i am in the midlands [walsall] - it may be poss to do you a copy of the disc and talk you through the process - thanks r1ray

Ray - I have been sent the v28 version (ie without speed cameras) but would obviously prefer the v32 version to work. I have no idea what "flash the bios" means but if it is not too complicated would you be able to talk me through it on the phone? I'm sorry to lumber you with this but it seems as if you are the Satnav Agony Aunt. My mobile is 07866264339.

Many thanks

hswingle

Had the same problem last month whilst in Italy. I fixed the problem by switching off the TMC. Has anybody else suffered this problem?

The best upgrade I must have done to my RR was to convert the sat nav system from the old cd to the new DVD sysytem, makes the sat nav in 3D brilliant also got speed cameras! full colour and also 7 digit post codes. Just buy new DVD model & plug & play. you will need to get 2008 disc and you are rockin.I also got TV in motion done for £50, i got the whole deal done fron a local guy, (off coarse I dont watch TV while I drive my wife does!) :) ITS A MUST DO UPGRADE!!:):D
hi mate i would like to know where you got this done because i have a 07-57 rr vogue se i updated the dvd to 2010 expecting the speed cameras to be on it and i could not find them so any help would be gratefully accepted cheers
steve

Hi guys I am new here.:newbie:

I have a vouge 2002 with the early sat nav. wanted to upgrade to new version. also what about bluetooth etc. Can anyone give me some good links?

many many thanks

Hi Ray

I am new to the forum and need help with my sat nav, not to keen to upgrade the unit but in serious need of the latest disc for a 2002 Vogue can anyone help - my email is [email protected] many thanks - great posts

I recently bought a 2004 (53) Vogue and am disappointed with the sat nav and gadgets. Having read the messages and investigated a little further, I am even more lost. Is there anyone that can upgrade my Sat Nav and allow full post code searches, install the Bluetooth, give me Ipod functionality (With CD changer) and allow me to view the TV in motion? Or tell me what to buy and how to fit or where to get it fitted?

Hiya,
newbie here...
Ive got an 04 plate range rover with the old sat nav which i understand has the cd based sat nav......Its useless....
So i bought a dvd on ebay that didnt work cos it was a dvd sort (lesson 1 learnt) so i then bought a dvd sat nav player on ebay that looks ok. I took it out as described in this thread but the connectors arent the same, on the cd sat nav unit it has a purple and blue connector and a small round lead.
on the dvd unit it has a small blue connector and a long thin connector along witht he small round one.

Obviosuly it doesnt fit, any ideas where i can get a connector from or has anyone else overcome this?

Thanks

alex

Dear Newbie,

Obviously you have got the wrong Satnav DVD and having been down a similar road myself in this process I suggest you get in contact with Andy ([email protected]). I bought the right DVD player from him and he also sorted me out with the correct DVD disk (ie uncorrupted) and how to install and sort settings etc. He can also get you sorted with an i-Pod connection and any other bells and whistles you might like to add. His Satnav also comes with a warranty.

Regards,

hswingle

I have the same configuration (mk IV DVD sat nav and TV in motion)but can't get TP broadcast on the radio to work properly.If I have TMC switched on it flashes a broadcast for literally 1 or 2 seconds then goes off.If I switch TMC off,TP works fine.Any ideas?
Thanks !

Hi & Happy New Year to everybody as well.
I had the same problem when TMC was activated except when TMC kicked in it 'froze' the whole system, had to turn the car off for around 15 minutes before it would reset itself. In the end I turned TMC off and the rest of the system functions 100%.
I will add the problem occured when driving in Italy, TMC does not exist in the area of France where I live so I do not know if this was a localised problem.
Has anybody else had the same problem? If so any remedies?

The best upgrade I must have done to my RR was to convert the sat nav system from the old cd to the new DVD sysytem, makes the sat nav in 3D brilliant also got speed cameras! full colour and also 7 digit post codes. Just buy new DVD model & plug & play. you will need to get 2008 disc and you are rockin.I also got TV in motion done for £50, i got the whole deal done fron a local guy, (off coarse I dont watch TV while I drive my wife does!) :) ITS A MUST DO UPGRADE!!:):D

Hi There,
new to this forum, and have read all the posts on this, but i don't feel brave enough to attempt this myself, any ideas of who or where I can get this done, I would also like to upgrade to Bluetooth on my ancient system, I have a 2003 53 Reg, Range Rover Vogue,
thanks in advance,

Hi There,
new to this forum, and have read all the posts on this, but i don't feel brave enough to attempt this myself, any ideas of who or where I can get this done, I would also like to upgrade to Bluetooth on my ancient system, I have a 2003 53 Reg, Range Rover Vogue,
thanks in advance,

Where abouts are you based? I'd be happy to help if your local. You supply parts though.

Hi Everybody.
New to these forums and they are fantastic. This change sounds fantastic but I have a question before I commit to £480.00 ish. On the old crappy satnav originally fitted, it does not keep the destinations I use frequently. I have to enter the address in each time even though I have entered them several times. I diddn't get an owners manual with the car so don't know if they can be stored.
Will the new MkIV unit store multiple locations saving them like TomTom does or will I have to input destination each time or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Hi Everybody.
New to these forums and they are fantastic. This change sounds fantastic but I have a question before I commit to £480.00 ish. On the old crappy satnav originally fitted, it does not keep the destinations I use frequently. I have to enter the address in each time even though I have entered them several times. I diddn't get an owners manual with the car so don't know if they can be stored.
Will the new MkIV unit store multiple locations saving them like TomTom does or will I have to input destination each time or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Not sure about the MK3 - i thought you could save addresses.

Anyway, on MKIV when entering a destination you can either choose a 'recent' destination (which will be a list of the last ten destinations you set) or choose one for your address book (which will be places you have saved).

Hi Neil
Thanks, I'm bidding on one now, if I win it, I'll be in touch, appreciate all your help,
Do you by any chance have any idea about the Bluetooth retrofits?

Back
Top Bottom