• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Stuck in gear

Have you driven it yet?.... Have you driven it yet...? Have you driven it yet!!?

(variation on the theme "are we there yet?" )
Another variation.....

38128.jpeg

IT WORKS woo hoo 😄

I am so very grateful for all who have provided advice , answers to my simple questions, solace on the dark days and support throughout this learning process for me .

I freely admit removing , rebuilding and putting back in a gearbox has stretched my knowledge (and confidence at times) but with all the help from the forum I’ve done it !!

What it does prove is

1 this forum truly has a wealth of knowledge and is a great support from the moment the problem starts to the day it is resolved.

2 you CAN repair a Series gearbox yourself even with zero previous knowledge of repairing a gearbox . I had no idea at all how it worked and hadn’t even looked inside a gearbox before .

So now to get the floors fastened in etc and get the tilt off whilst the sun is shining 😄

Thank you again all who have helped . I’m truly grateful .

Good stuff! I never doubted you. :)

To think you even considered paying someone to do it for you! :eek:

In the end, it's not confusing, it's just a lot of simple things put together in a confusing looking way.

I think the beauty of Series' and Defenders* is that you can fix nearly everything yourself, and what you can't fix, it's dead easy to replace.

*Most defenders... *ahem* 2020 *ahem*

I'll leave you with 1 word: Overdrive ;)

Well done, nice crisp gearchanges and quiet? all good syncros etc?
That must be pleasing (maybe not the best adjective) when you drove it.
I look forward to when someone new comes on here and says "oh my gearbox is....." and you will jump in and say "well of course the trouble will be....." :D

Well done, nice crisp gearchanges and quiet? all good syncros etc?
That must be pleasing (maybe not the best adjective) when you drove it.
I look forward to when someone new comes on here and says "oh my gearbox is....." and you will jump in and say "well of course the trouble will be....." :D
Hi @Kevm . Yep gear changes are good , goes in and stays in 👍. Quiet is difficult to judge as floors / tunnel not in yet - then there’s the clatter of the diesel 🤣🤣

I was beaming when I drove it but it’s funny as now I “see” what’s happening when I push / pull that long lever and think what the other end is doing 🤣

I really hope I can inspire other forum members to do what I did and can offer advice to other gearbox newbies 🤞

Back
Top Bottom