• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What grinds YOUR gears??

Amen to that , gutted that a minority rule others who are afraid to say anything in fear of being cancelled

Don’t get me started on why men identifying as female are allowed to enter ladies changing rooms etc , just winds me up where ladies have fought for the last 100 x years to now be undermined by others,

Really wish our gov would grow a pair over immigration along with stamping out all this nonsense , ie , when some mp’s are asked what’s a women and won’t answer it, pathetic in every sense

Don’t get me wrong I feel that every person should live how they wish without any bullying or harm, but not to then dictate what others should call them , ie they them, she , them, , will call them by there name , plus where on earth do they get 100 x genders, Jesus wept

often wonder what the Victorian’s would think about all of this

Sorry ill get off my soap box now, lol
Absolutely right live and let live is my motto in life be what you want to be ..but don’t bang on about it .
Said it before but social media is to blame ,these kids nowadays see something and think that’s a good idea .
I read the other day someone wants to be identified as Asparagus….yep Asparagus .🤦

often wonder what the Victorian’s would think about all of this

Would probably have locked them up somewhere.

We have as a society become a bit too tolerant.
Im sure the pendulum will swing the other way again as usually happens and for a brief period we will experience some common sense before heading in the other direction.
Cant happen fast enough for me.

Gus the asparagus man is a publicity stunt dreamt up to promote the British asparagus show in, iirc Evesham,
its always wise to check things for oneself before getting too wound up.

Attachments

• hero-image.fill.size_800x450.v1611608504.jpg
    hero-image.fill.size_800x450.v1611608504.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 20

Im sure the pendulum will swing the other way again as usually happens and for a brief period we will experience some common sense before heading in the other direction.
Throughout history, civilisations have come and gone. The common denominator before each of their demise being overindulgence in the comforts afforded by their prosperity and status. Current western civilisations are wallowing in the consequences of their overindulgence; obesity, sexual promiscuity and deviation, massive debt, lost morality, crime, narcissism and lost community. We're on our way out! You can already see those other civilisations growing and rising up ready to take over, both religiously and monetarily.

Indeed and would be good if they were the original Victorian prisons too, bread and water, lol

Talking of common sense , starts around the 4 x minute mark , warning , face palm protection is req

Absolutely right live and let live is my motto in life be what you want to be ..but don’t bang on about it .
Said it before but social media is to blame ,these kids nowadays see something and think that’s a good idea .
I read the other day someone wants to be identified as Asparagus….yep Asparagus .🤦

Indeed with regards to social media , feel so many are simply gullible , like sovereign citizens, conspiracy theorists and then of course the lastest woke brigade who wish to jump on the band wagon

Another thing I feel stands out a mile is the lack of two way conversations , if u ask any of them on the woke side they call u all the names under the sun, then end up throwing a tantrum like a 2 x year old ,

God knows what’s happened to universities , talk about woke and that’s just the teachers, lol , students just follow what ever everyone else is saying , can’t think for themselves , though universities were a place for debates , those days by the looks of it are gone

Would really like to see national service bought back for 16 year old until there 18 for men and women , feel that would make them a stronger person, more independent in having there own thoughts , respectful of others , most of all bring them screaming into the real world

The private parking scammers. They have announced a code of conduct that's supposed to be fairer to drivers. Total bull5h1t just ban the scamming parasites. If everyone just refused to pay to them it would cause chaos in the country court system. They still have not said there is a law that you have to pay. Yes I have fought them and won including the clampers.

The private parking scammers. They have announced a code of conduct that's supposed to be fairer to drivers. Total bull5h1t just ban the scamming parasites. If everyone just refused to pay to them it would cause chaos in the country court system. They still have not said there is a law that you have to pay. Yes I have fought them and won including the clampers.
Once had a ticket left on a motorcycle,screwed it up binned it never heard anything. Another time in Asda got a ticket,looked it up online. Downloaded a letter you add the cars details to,you never admit anything always reply my vehicle was….
Anyhow it basically says the parking thats free,its in breach of laws to charge a fine. They replied & it never went any further,I had another from Parking Eye known bastards that do pursue cases.
It was because id been to the same shop twice,a very common occurrence looking online. If another car or something obscured you leaving,the camera operators issue a fine. I altered the time on a fuel receipt,I shouldn’t really have to but their f**king arseholes. Lots of hassle to get them to let me see camera footage, going in & out said carpark 🤬 emailed pic to them & it got squashed.
Just cover your no plates camera cant do jack then,I thought about making a velcro on one with a funny message.

According to the little known UK Bill of rights dated 1689
  • promises of fines and forfeitures before conviction are illegal and void;
So basically it is illegal to fine you without finding you guilty of the offence UNLESS the legislation they are using to fine you specifically sets aside the Bill of rights
i think it needs to be a magistrate to fine you. not some muppet that thinks its a good way to make money. if i have done wrong call the police and let the courts deal with it if not go away or something like that. the time i was clamped i made money out of it i weighed it in for scrap.

many years ago before the government banned the clampers and started selling our details to these scammers. i got clamped in a ford cortina next step for this car was the banger track only driving it as it had a few weeks tax and mot. clamp gets put on outside the local chinki takeaway no way am i paying big stand off now this is in an area which is not described as the best in norwich a bit of a crowd is gathering a mate turns up in a truck with a crane on and lifts the car complete with clamp and drives off with it crowd then blocks the scammer so he cant follow.

Didn’t realise its next Thursday the 2/5/24 , for the next London mayor / ess, would be good if Howard cox from the reform uk and the founder of the Fair Fuel UK campaign was elected but think he’s got bob hope with all the lefties , wouldn’t surprise me if the little dictator got in again , then I bet the pay per mile will follow suit

see there’s also Susan hall who said she will scrap ULEZ immediately

Suppose we can only cross our fingers mate , but at the end of the day will be such a shame if u have to sell it

Didn’t realise its next Thursday the 2/5/24 , for the next London mayor / ess, would be good if Howard cox from the reform uk and the founder of the Fair Fuel UK campaign was elected but think he’s got bob hope with all the lefties , wouldn’t surprise me if the little dictator got in again , then I bet the pay per mile will follow suit

see there’s also Susan hall who said she will scrap ULEZ immediately

Suppose we can only cross our fingers mate , but at the end of the day will be such a shame if u have to sell it
What they need to do whoever gets in is up the speed limit to the old 30 mph …this 20 milarky is beyond a joke ..I’ve just got a speeding ticket this morning for 24mph in a 20 zone ..what a joke I can run faster ,no wonder we’re all clogged up the roads …doesn’t bloody move …shall appeal the ticket .😡

Back
Top Bottom