• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Passenger foot well leak

Parr25

Shifting Up
I decided to dive in head first and try my best to make my tin can of a defender sound solid. After sound proofing all of the boot i went ahead and put some dynamat into the foot wells. When pushing of the material to stick it to the metal it didnt take to much force before i could see the road surface through my foot well. It was clear that water was flicking up off the front wheels and had rotted the passenger foot well. I am going to weld in a new floor however today driving back home i could see water dripping down from around the air vent in the foot well. Im not sure how this water is getting in whether its coming down the bulk head or if its condensation in the air ducts. Please can someone let me know if they have had the same issue and if so how the fixed it. Thanks Lads.

There is a right and wrong way to fit them aswell as i remember,don't do what I did and slap a load of sealer to hold it in place to get the heater to it and then have to remove it all with sealer fucking everywhere

If you can't find the source of a leak then try the solution Britannica Restorations used. Set up your phone or a video camera pointed at the footwell then shower the vehicle with a hose/power wash. You can then look back at the video and see where the water is entering the vehicle.

If you can't find the source of a leak then try the solution Britannica Restorations used. Set up your phone or a video camera pointed at the footwell then shower the vehicle with a hose/power wash. You can then look back at the video and see where the water is entering the vehicle.
Not a bad shout thanks

do you mean around this hinge
image_2023-12-27_124749905.png

This is what I did with mine on both sides.
Had a drip from the brake pedal and because of the way the wing meets the windscreen gutter water can run straight into the engine bay down the bulkhead.
It's just a couple of plastic straps held on with mastic and painted body colour.
Been on for several years and have had a nearly dry footwell ever since....
View attachment 444353
ah yeah i can see what you mean will this work on the passenger side aswell

This is what I did with mine on both sides.
Had a drip from the brake pedal and because of the way the wing meets the windscreen gutter water can run straight into the engine bay down the bulkhead.
It's just a couple of plastic straps held on with mastic and painted body colour.
Been on for several years and have had a nearly dry footwell ever since....
View attachment 444353
In one of mike's videos he makes a dumdum bridge, to seal up the body gap i done mine.

Back
Top Bottom