• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Passenger foot well leak

Stan can you explain what you did here please I don’t understand your post ..it could help me .thanks mate .
Its just not sinking in I’m reading and nothing 🙄
A couple more photos....it beats me why Landrover didn't do something like this. 20231228_122135.jpg

Attachments

• 20231228_122106.jpg
    20231228_122106.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 51
Gotcha so just deflects the water away from going inside the engine bay .thanks Stan .
Sometimes the simplest things are not thought of…I shall see what I can do with mine I have a slight different set up to yours but basically the same …👍
The gutter at the back of the bonnet sheds water into the engine bay, as has been noted, but if you extend the gutter both sides then you need to ensure that you seal the seam between the wing and bulkhead. This cured most of my footwell leaks.

Water will also run off the roof gutters down the door seals and find its way in.
Butyl tape is your friend

The gutter at the back of the bonnet sheds water into the engine bay, as has been noted, but if you extend the gutter both sides then you need to ensure that you seal the seam between the wing and bulkhead. This cured most of my footwell leaks.

Water will also run off the roof gutters down the door seals and find its way in.
Butyl tape is your friend
Brilliant thank you

It’s a bugger! At the moment I have got all four doors without the bottom rubber on so this helps the front mats drain! Having sealed a few leaks, fitted new door rubbers and generally improved things both front compartments leak onto the mats. It seems to run down the forward part of the door, hit the hinge and splash onto the mat. Another day, another defender conundrum to add to my list!

Best of luck from Turkey!

I fitted new window rubbers they sit against the glass, hopefully helps stop water getting inside the doors as much ?
Dreading talking the rear door cards off, I know there's rust inside cos flakes drop off 😬 Put it off last summer, because of my hernia.

I am not almost bald ive pulled that much hair out my head. HOWEVER after many many long hours with my head in a damp passenger foot well and looking all over on how water is breaching the engineers outstanding air tight creation of a defender i believe i have found the infiltration point. I had tried everything on the internet heater matrix, door seals, window seals, roof leak the lot. As shown in the photos there little joint in the gutter under the wind screen. Said joint looks harmless to the naked eye and would have not even crossed my mind to think this is the cause. After sat in the car for 1 hour straight with my dad spraying water from the hose pipe around potential leaking spots i saw nothing. Not a drop. it was only when i decided to have a look a few days later that i saw a shine on the paint inside the car which was the remanences of water. I have today applied aload of black silicone sealer to seal this car and hopefully it will sort the trick. By the way this leak wasnt a few drops it turned the foot well into a foot spa. Anyway thanks for all your efforts and suggestions i hop that this works and if it does i hope others can save a 4 month migraine to resolve their leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_6755.jpg
    IMG_6755.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6757.jpg
    IMG_6757.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6759.jpg
    IMG_6759.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6760.jpg
    IMG_6760.jpg