• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Series today?

If you complain to Britpart you are given the official spiel:
"All of our products have undergone rigorous testing and QC inspection, in the unlikely chance you find that a product does not meet these standards please return it to the original vendor where you purchased it, together with the original packaging, where it will be inspected by Britpart QC department, and it will be replaced it free of charge".

Hang on, if I kept the original boxes for everything I've ever bought (just in case I need to return it) it would constitute a fire hazard, so that's not gonna happen - how about they make it properly in the first place?

A supplier told me that Britpart will indeed honour to redeem them for any item returned to them by a customer...
But instead of "passing it on to Britpart for inspection" they are given a credit note, told to dispose of the item and send exactly the same quality piece of crap out to the customer. That's how much they care! :mad:

Just to change it round, this is what my series did to me today
20240425_143625~2.jpg

Lights this weekend, i've been chasing a lighting problem whereby the rh indicator goes dim when depressing the brake pedal. Chased it to the rear lighting harness where someone had wired in for a towbar - towbar wiring seems to be shorting somewhere, so disconnected for now and replaced a couple of the light units which were knackered.

I'm tempted to go LED for the sides/indicators/rears/brake lights.......i know it's not period, but it's tempting.
That will b a problem with the shared earth connection going to the rear lights (black wire).
The little panel behind the drivers side rear light cluster is where it all goes on, and it's where the tow hitch lights connect.

Was going to check all the fluids on my series 3 but can't get the nut on the offside swivel to budge. And can't get the nut on the gearbox to budge either. Don't think they have been touched in years. You would think with all the oil leaks that they would be easy to free

If you complain to Britpart you are given the official spiel:
"All of our products have undergone rigorous testing and QC inspection, in the unlikely chance you find that a product does not meet these standards please return it to the original vendor where you purchased it, together with the original packaging, where it will be inspected by Britpart QC department, and it will be replaced it free of charge".

Hang on, if I kept the original boxes for everything I've ever bought (just in case I need to return it) it would constitute a fire hazard, so that's not gonna happen - how about they make it properly in the first place?

A supplier told me that Britpart will indeed honour to redeem them for any item returned to them by a customer...
But instead of "passing it on to Britpart for inspection" they are given a credit note, told to dispose of the item and send exactly the same quality piece of crap out to the customer. That's how much they care! :mad:
But what has always riled me was ..okay they will replace the part .. but who pays me for having to remove their crap item and then to replace it ... no problem if it is a 2 min job but when you have to spends hours doing it again because of their pi... poor quality .. and they just laugh at you when you ask for them to cover the cost of labour because you have had to do the job twice..... grrrr.....

But what has always riled me was ..okay they will replace the part .. but who pays me for having to remove their crap item and then to replace it ... no problem if it is a 2 min job but when you have to spends hours doing it again because of their pi... poor quality .. and they just laugh at you when you ask for them to cover the cost of labour because you have had to do the job twice..... grrrr.....
Truly aggravating to say the least and we're generally doing our own work. I'd be some miffed if I had to pay regular shop labour rates to r&r junky Britpart spares however many times it took to happen upon some good ones. That could get very expensive very quickly.

Truly aggravating to say the least and we're generally doing our own work. I'd be some miffed if I had to pay regular shop labour rates to r&r junky Britpart spares however many times it took to happen upon some good ones. That could get very expensive very quickly.
I was a self employed mechanic .. so for years i have had the problem of fitting parts .. and then they go wrong .. take them back off .. going to the supplier who might or might not give you a replacement under warranty there and then .. but will never be able to claim for labour charges .. but if memory serves me right .. you could some times get a claim for labour costs back from borg &beck on their clutches ...all you can do these days is buy the best quality you can buy/afford and hope for the best ... who would want too take a series 2 gearbox back out because of a faulty part ...

Back
Top Bottom